Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
i get this feeling at times like something is hanging out (other times it feels like someone stuck something inside me and it's jammed), it's really weird, even though i feel inside a bit to see if i can feel anything but feel nothingi have been to the surgery ward in the hospital to get camera tests done but they say there's no sign of hemmorrhoids at allis there any way to get rid of this feeling or calm down the feeling of it?it's making me that paranoid, that i keep a bit of toilet in my back passage incase something does pop outthe nurse was telling me to take both a mix of spasmonal and fybogel but it actually made me feel worse so i stopped taking both together so i'm just back on the spasmonal againalso the gurgling sounds that my stomach makes is really loud and the constant gassy feeling in the back passage are really starting to annoy mewhy is it that ibs feels worse after doing a bm?any advice would be helpful

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Steve - we had a discussion on other thread about why IBS is worse after a BM. I guess there can be a few reasons:1) The actual passing of a motion can agitate a sensitive bowel2) In some, a BM seems to trigger peristalsis, or the urge to go3) If you are already sore, another motion doesnt help!I sometimes have that feeling that something is 'stuck' or that I am not empty. It is as if your bowel is tricking you. Sometimes you can then sit there for ages trying to dispel what you believe is left.Fibre didnt help me, as I was largely empty. It is the end bit that is the problem.The only improvement I have achieved on this score is by drinking a lot of water and healthier food.I have also just had biofeedback and apparently there is a problem with my bowel function, but I will learn more about that next month....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.