Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so angry! I had such a bad attack of IBS pain last night and it puts me in such a tizzy that I get an anxiety attack, too. Does anyone get such intense pain. I felt it coming on all day, so I didn't eat alot. Man Oh Man was the pain in my intestines bad. If I didn't know I had IBS, I would have gone to ER. I don't think my hubby believes how bad the pain is. Does anyone get this. I was so sure I was going to have terrible diarrhea but I never did, just about 4 bms. I was sweating, had cold cloths on my head, the pain was going down the back of my legs, too. Now, my hubby is going out of town for 3-4 days and I have 4 small children so I'm really scared of this happening again. I wish I had something to keep the pain away, any suggestions??? I don't get it alot anymore at all, but at least once a month or so and then I'm afraid to eat for awhile.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yeap.I had the same, many years ago. BAD ATTACK!!! Not going to toilet too.You'r in the "phase 1" of IBS as i call those attacks. I didn't go the ER too. They don't have the answer anyway.Good luckBye

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yeap.I had the same, many years ago. BAD ATTACK!!! Not going to toilet too.You'r in the "phase 1" of IBS as i call those attacks. I didn't go the ER too. They don't have the answer anyway.Good luckBye

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm 95 percent IBS D, but every so often I get C so bad I feel like I am going to pass out or throw up unless I go -- chills, clamminess, pain. My mother gets it too. I used to envy the C people. Maybe not . . .

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm 95 percent IBS D, but every so often I get C so bad I feel like I am going to pass out or throw up unless I go -- chills, clamminess, pain. My mother gets it too. I used to envy the C people. Maybe not . . .

G

·
I just had an attack last week. Not as bad as yours but i had the cold cloths on my head too. Started to get ready for the hospital but decided to lay in bed. I was just recently diagnosed with ibs and i go from d to c but mostly c.My doctor put me on a high fibre diet: 2 fruits a day, (which i eat only cooked because acid bothers my stomach and even then i try not to eat the fruit),2 vegetables a day, salad, 2 whole grain pieces of bread and metamucil drink every day. I do not know if you are on a fibre diet but being so new to this it is all i know to do so far. I believe it helps in that sense. I am also not eating dairy for 2 weeks to see if i may be lactose intolerant.Can you eat dairy? I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this and that i also get scared and frusterated as it affects the way i live my life now and i hate it.

G

·
I just had an attack last week. Not as bad as yours but i had the cold cloths on my head too. Started to get ready for the hospital but decided to lay in bed. I was just recently diagnosed with ibs and i go from d to c but mostly c.My doctor put me on a high fibre diet: 2 fruits a day, (which i eat only cooked because acid bothers my stomach and even then i try not to eat the fruit),2 vegetables a day, salad, 2 whole grain pieces of bread and metamucil drink every day. I do not know if you are on a fibre diet but being so new to this it is all i know to do so far. I believe it helps in that sense. I am also not eating dairy for 2 weeks to see if i may be lactose intolerant.Can you eat dairy? I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this and that i also get scared and frusterated as it affects the way i live my life now and i hate it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi there,I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well...but you're not alone. I've had this too from time to time. And I know you're worried about being alone with hubby away and feeling like that. I was like that one time while my husband was on a business trip and it wasn't fun...but it passed and I'm sure it will for you, too. I'm sure your anxiety will pass once you start feeling a little better. Just wanted to offer some support. Take care and hope you feel better real soon. Dee[This message has been edited by diamondgirl (edited 09-09-2001).]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi there,I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well...but you're not alone. I've had this too from time to time. And I know you're worried about being alone with hubby away and feeling like that. I was like that one time while my husband was on a business trip and it wasn't fun...but it passed and I'm sure it will for you, too. I'm sure your anxiety will pass once you start feeling a little better. Just wanted to offer some support. Take care and hope you feel better real soon. Dee[This message has been edited by diamondgirl (edited 09-09-2001).]

·
Registered
262 Posts
The same thing has been happening with me for about a week now. I swore it was D but it was just small painfull BM's.I was screaming into a towel in the bathroom.Couldnt sit down for about an hour aftarwards.All I can do is keep eating drinking water and take my pepto bismol.I find if I sto eating it only gets worse.Just like you I am hoping...maybe it'll pass.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The same thing has been happening with me for about a week now. I swore it was D but it was just small painfull BM's.I was screaming into a towel in the bathroom.Couldnt sit down for about an hour aftarwards.All I can do is keep eating drinking water and take my pepto bismol.I find if I sto eating it only gets worse.Just like you I am hoping...maybe it'll pass.

G

·
Happened to me too about a year ago. I am very sensitive to raw garlic but after laser surgery lap and Lupron to treat endometriosis I have had a few years off IBS. I guess the IBS/endometriosis cycle is kicking in again. Anyway, I had a meeting at an Italian rest and wholla! two 30 minute long severe pain stomach attacks. Went to doctor and got Librax which works better than Bentyl or Levsin for me. Bentyl causes my heart to race and levsin isn't strong enough sometimes. I had my 9.2 pound baby boy naturally and I swear those stomach attacks hurt worse. Good thing I had taken Lamaze. The breathing and focusing techniques helped. It is interesting that one response says stage I of IBS? I hadn't heard that before.

G

·
Happened to me too about a year ago. I am very sensitive to raw garlic but after laser surgery lap and Lupron to treat endometriosis I have had a few years off IBS. I guess the IBS/endometriosis cycle is kicking in again. Anyway, I had a meeting at an Italian rest and wholla! two 30 minute long severe pain stomach attacks. Went to doctor and got Librax which works better than Bentyl or Levsin for me. Bentyl causes my heart to race and levsin isn't strong enough sometimes. I had my 9.2 pound baby boy naturally and I swear those stomach attacks hurt worse. Good thing I had taken Lamaze. The breathing and focusing techniques helped. It is interesting that one response says stage I of IBS? I hadn't heard that before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.