Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my upper stomach hurt somewhat and felt like you do when you go without your acid reflux meds, which I haven't taken in like a week or so. I ran out of them and have to get more. I take Prevacid usually, 30 mg a day.So the upper tummy weirdness went away after maybe 15 or 20 mins and I took a short nap. When I woke up I felt my lower abdoman starting to feel tender, like I had done too many sit ups. It just hurts like a pulled muscle when I move around or when I push on it. It's on the left and right but a bit worse on the right and if I curl up with my knees up, it just feels tender all inside my guts. I can't figure out exactly where it is coming from since it feels tender from one side to the other. I did have a little lower right pain all the way down pretty much near the pubic area on the right and a little pain on and off in the evening on the lower right but it seemed to go away. I have ovarian cysts as well so I do sometimes get little pings and pangs in the ovary areas.Now my whole gut seems tender from just above my waistline to below my belly button. I had a regular bowel movement yesterday and have had a lot of gurgling and grumbling of gas as usual. I also have anxiety and compulsively swallow air which really makes things hurt sometimes, and my stomach right now feels a bit bloated with gas. I'm just not sure what to make of it all. I've had IBS for so many years now along with intense anxiety issues that make me ill on a daily basis (I'min therapy for that).I have had nausea this past week due to a sinus infection and also I ran out of my acid reflux meds. No fever or vomiting. Regular BM's for the most part, passing gas ok.I've been super stressed and went to the dentist to get my crown done the day before and when I am at the dentist I tend to tense up and hold myself in a completely rigid position while they're working on me but I don't usually end up with a sore bowel after.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I had a lot of whole colon tenderness when my IBS was bad.Somtimes the nerves just over-sense the colon and that can make the whole thing feel tender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Kathleen:) I talked to my mom who told me she's had this many times as well. I have had something similar to it maybe 3 times before, but I don't think it reassures me any because I'm a worrier:( I remember having something similar when I was in Canada and went to the doc who x rayed my gut and said I just needed some prednisone so I took that for 5 days and was fine after. I remember distinctly having something like this where my stomach felt inflamed and sooooreee for a week or so when I was working a job I hated and my gastro ended up saying that it was my stress causing it. I quit the job and within 2 weeks was perfectly fine again. I don't feel pain at all unless I move around or poke it and even then it feels exactly like pulled muscles in my stomach and gut together. Just all over SORE when I poke at it. Thanks so much for responding and reassuring me.
The pain's the same as yesterday evening but no worse so I guess that's a good thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed also that it hurts more/is more tender when I push on the left side of my gut or stomach area, like where the waistline/transverse colon is. It's pretty durn tender at my waistline in the middish, like I did a TON of sit ups and it's the next day and my stomach muscles are all stiff and achy and tender when I touch or move. Feels like a bruise but also when I touch lower in the gut it's also tender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts