Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt really sick last night. I was diagnosed with IBS about a yr ago. I've had all the tests. Last night I had a really rapid, strong, fast hearbeat. I had some mild chest pain on left side, and I have had some arm pain for a while. Also, I had chills and some shortness of breath as well. Well, I had stomach discomfort, and I could tell my colon or intestines were moving around inside as well. I had to finally go to the bathroom for a bowel movement. I didn't feel a whole lot better, but just slept upright the rest of the night. I have been to a cardiologist, and they gave me a echo, my cholestrol is fine, I'm very thin, I don't smoke, or drink, so I have no risk factors for heart disease. I ate a high fiber cereal before bed last night, and drank water. I don't understand, pls help.........................

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I don't think the heart beat is related to the IBS. I have this as well, mine is bad enough I take mediction for it.Usually I can make mine stop by breathing deep and bearing down. Putting your face in cold water is another technique but I haven't tried it.Usually for me sitting or standing up makes it harder to get back to normal. I need to lie down and breath calmly.I don't think eating fiber set your heart off. The stress and worry of feeling like that can up the adreniline which will keep it going longer than it would otherwise.K.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm not too familiar with hormone therapy, so I wouldn't know how to answer your question.All I know is that anxiety can cycle just like IBS can run in cycles. Sometimes it's good and it's not affecting your life, and then there are times where it comes back out of nowhere.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anxiety is the absolute worse thing to go through. You feel as if, you are, or will, have a Heart Attack. You just feel so sick, but I don't want to take meds for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.