Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity how much is too much?I started to take it to help with gas and bloating. I picked up the 100 capsule format from vitamn shoppe.It says to take 3 daily, but wondering if i can use more?Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
i've never tried capsules, i usually go to an asian/pakistani shop/store, and buy a large bag full, it's very cheap. and take about a small handfull and just chew it.when i was on holiday in pakstan, i found a distilled form, and it was fantastic.as with anything there is a limmit to how much you can consume. i dont think there is a written limmit on an overdosage of fennel, but i'm sure that 1 tablet 3 times a day shouldnt overdose you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You would pick up other problem before overdosed on on fennel. If it was that risky then there would be public a health warning.I would try a small amount and see how it goes. I don't think it I necessary to by tablets. I mean asian shops are good an affordable You know what you are getting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's worth noting that in India they tend to eat a handful of fennel seeds (usually in a mix with some sweets and other items) after every single meal. It's a country where spicy food and poor hygiene is rife with Giardia very common in the water supply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.