Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've been suffering from IBS for about 9 months now so much of this is still very new to me. Lately (for the past 2 weeks or so) I feel VERY feverish - warm face w/ the chills. I was worried it could mean I have an infection but I take my tempature all the time & it always shows it as normal. I even bought a new thermometer just to make sure & that one said the same thing. Is this a symptom? Feeling feverish when you're not? I'm getting a little nervous & I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
your probably normal but your brain is telling you otherwise......it happens, you have a problem you cant fix, and your mind WILL wander into many symptoms, you just need to expel the psychosomatic ones...good luck..I struggle with mine

·
Registered
709 Posts
jane...i get that way...the only thing that i could find to explain it is my low white blood cell count--consistently low...but the doctors say it's nothing to worry about--oh well...i don't agree, but who am i, right?
hehe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input minimum. Do you know if your low white blood count is related to IBS or is it another condition altogether? I can't imagine they would be, right?

·
Registered
709 Posts
honestly, i have no idea! hehe...if the fever-feeling is really concerning you, get a thermometer and take your temperature to see if it is actually higher than it should be...than you have some tangible evidence to show your doc (something he/she might take more seriously than you simply saying 'i feel feverish often')...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See that's the thing. I take my tempature ALL DAY because I do feel feverish...and guess what? It's always in the range of 98.1-98.6! Perfectly normal. That's what's so puzzling. And like I said, I even bought a new thermometer (because I was so convinced mine had to be broken!) & the new one said the same thing - perfect normal.

·
Registered
709 Posts
actually, i find that interesting...cuz when i was told by my doc to take my temperature--it was always in the right range and i also thought my thermometer must be broken or cheap ####!wow, i wonder what it is that is causing that fever-feeling...have you gone for blood tests? check your blood counts? it would be really interesting to see if your white blood cell count was low too...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I get this too . A feeling like I'm burning up and I do actually feel warm to the touch . Strangely enough I've also bought 3 thermometers and my temperature is always below normal when I take it . I've had every test under the sun - including bloods - and all are normal . I'm male so it's probably not hormonal !! .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.