Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the board I am a 51 year old man and have been dealing with IBS D. for about 10 years. I am taking citrucel powder 2 times a day. Do I need to take it the same time every day? Is fiber important for IBS D ? I sometimes miss taking it. Also I have been told that taking Imodium for D. is bad for me that I should just deal with it but that is easy to say when your not the one sick. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
don't know about the fiber - I take it for IBS A (alternating) and it seems to help. I'm not that disciplined to take it the same time although I try in the evenings. FYI, i swicthed to citrucel tablets and like them - much easier thanmixing a glass.as for imodium, why is it bad? I agree that overuse may cause constipation but from all I've read and'or heard from my doctor, it's a safe drug to take even long term.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
don't know about the fiber - I take it for IBS A (alternating) and it seems to help. I'm not that disciplined to take it the same time although I try in the evenings. FYI, i swicthed to citrucel tablets and like them - much easier thanmixing a glass.as for imodium, why is it bad? I agree that overuse may cause constipation but from all I've read and'or heard from my doctor, it's a safe drug to take even long term.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think immodium is only bad when you have d from food poisining or the flu because the d is helping your body get rid of what is making you sick. I had ecoli last summer and they told me not to take immodium because my body needed to get the bacteria out and the immodium would slow it down. For ibs it is different though and I used to take a daily dose of immodium and even had a perscription from a gi doc. If your in doubt talk to your doctor. Selena

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think immodium is only bad when you have d from food poisining or the flu because the d is helping your body get rid of what is making you sick. I had ecoli last summer and they told me not to take immodium because my body needed to get the bacteria out and the immodium would slow it down. For ibs it is different though and I used to take a daily dose of immodium and even had a perscription from a gi doc. If your in doubt talk to your doctor. Selena

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.