Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been taking fiber, and it has definately been helping. The thing is, I'll go in the morning and its great (actually a normal go), but the problem is after that initial go, then I get gas and cramping, and have to keep going to the bathroom and its just little bits (not runs tho), and it takes forever to feel somewhat cleared out, and I don't know why this happens. I suppose it is basically incomplete evacuation that I am feeling. This is one of the more frustrating things for me. Its like the fiber helps at first but then the latter half it doesn't get to or something. I don't know. Is this a constipation problem?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Raj , MemberThis is in reply to your observation on fiber. I have exactly the same problem. After being constpated I take Citrucel fiber It works and relieves the constipation but I get horrible cramps and feeling of incomplete evacuation. By the by, what exactly is the fiber that you are taking? Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Raj, The fiber I am currently taking is several teaspoons (2) of wheat bran a day. Its organic and I just chew it up with some drink. If I could get rid of the cramping and incomplete evac feeling then I would be great. I don't know how to tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.