Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
curius about fiber supplement abd IBS-d. I usually wake up around 3am with cramps and finally have diarrhia around 6 am. I am on levsin extended tab and are now doing it twice a day but still having cramps and diarrhia. Will fiber supplements help with the cramping and if it has helped you what type and dose did you start on and how did you increase it thanks

G

·
GinabugI have found that Metamucil works wonders! I started taking a dose of metamucil before bed and it has worked! I mean it's not a cure at all, but it does help ease the attacks. Personally, I haven't increased my dosage any at all, however, if you wanted to increase the dosage gradually. For example, do one dose for about 4 or 5 days then increase to 2 for a few more days then finally 3 doses a day if you wanted. Like I said the one dose a day helps me
Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is my second time attempting the fiber supplements. I tried it once a few years ago (the citrucel powder ... just add water for a drink worth gagging on). Frankly, it didn't do anything for me. Now I'm trying the fiber supplement pills, and thus far they haven't done anything for me. Now my doctor wants me to continue the fiber and now I'm taking Levsinex (Hyoscyamine). I just took my first dose ... Gee, no miracle cure ... dang. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
888 Posts
i have been taking fybogel for the past month. i find that it bulks up stools but i have to drink soooooooooooo much water during the day for it to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts