Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had IBS-D for 2 1/2 years, up to 8 or 10 times a day. My doctor recommended basic, over the counter store brand Fiber Laxative. I didn't believe him, could a laxative actually help??!! Well, I bought basic "Equate (WalMart) Fiber Laxative", cut each tablet in half and started taking it last week. One every morning. I noticed that my "episodes" went from 10 a day to 4 right away!! And this morning, I actually had my first "normal" BM in over a year!!! My waist is not so swollen, I've lost 7lbs, and I was able to "pass gas" last night too!! I'm amazed. So, if anyone wants to try this and let me know how it works for you! I'll keep you posted on my progress.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I went back to fiber (tried it before) in July at the request of my doctor. I haven't been this "normal" in ages! I still have anxiety associated with it, but it's less and will continue to get better - I think - as my condition holds out. The Western diet is lacking fiber! I'm sure that's what my body needed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, yesterday I had only 1 "episode". Two normal BM. This morning was normal again, will see if I have another episode after lunch. But did NOT have one after dinner!! Sometimes the simple answer is the right one!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.