Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently taking 3tsp of metamucil per day at 12:00pm for the bulking effect and for pain. However, it is extremely inconvienent for me because I do not like to disrupt my day. I am wondering if any of you know of a fiber supplement that will leave my bowel timing to do its thing naturally, at random times of the day like a normal person, but at the same time reduce the pain. I welcome any input on this topic. Thanks.

G

·
Hey dc2005, I use metamucil, about 2 tsps per day if I am home, but find Fiberchoice easier to use. It is a large orange chewable tablet and does not require liquids. But I always try to drink something after eating it.Char

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello there, I know how you feel. I used to have to disrupt my day the same way as you. 2 Tbsp of Ground Flax seed (3 Tbsp if you want)1 tall glass of waterGrind flax seeds in coffee grinder, add to water and drink. *Important to drink lots of water. Take this every day and you will see results. This really helps me... if i foget to take it, or get lazy... a stick or two of natural black Panda brand Licorice really gets things moving.Tell me how this works for you. Take care!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Speaking of fiber, which one would you recommend for bloating, citracell, will this real do anything noticable with bloating, I have taken a probiotic and it has not helped so I don't know what will? Benefiber maybe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts