Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Fiber Choice is a form of soluble fiber (the kind in oats, fruits, vegetables and beans). One tablet has 2 grams of it. I believe psyllium is insoluble, so perhaps this would work well with it. I've never had either, but I would advise giving it a try.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've been taking FiberChoice lately and it works quite well. It causes way less gas than psyllium. Another thing to try is Citrucel, but I find the FiberChoice to be a bit better for me. I found some info on fructan - the main ingrediant that is in it. I posted it before but no-one responded, so here it is again.Its actually about Inulin which is a type of fructan - but close enough for me. Inulin and oligofructose are natural components of plants such as leek, chicory, onions and garlic. The nutritional properties of inulin and FOS have been reported by a number of sources. They are low in calories: 1 kcal/gram for inulin, slightly higher for FOS. They are also suitable for diabetics since they don't result in an increase in blood glucose. Inulin and FOS stimulate the growth of bifidobacteria in the GI tract, inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria and positively affecting the immune system. Other benefits include aiding better resorption of minerals, production of nutrients and prevention of constipation. As dietary fiber, they decrease fecal transit time, reduce glycemic response, lower blood cholesterol, and increase stool weight.

G

·
Hi PeonyI can't help re wrt Fibre Choice but have just posted --- Fibre Facts --- which is really informative and may help you.Roz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.