Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new on this bulleting board and have been trying a lot of different things - I am primarily C and want to get off the Laci Le Beau Tea which is Senna and bad for you. I want to try Fiber Smart but am hesitant because flax seeds can cause cramps depending on each system. I have tried them and if not soaked and the right kind (golden, ground and soaked) can be a little harsh.I called the company that manufactures Fiber Smart and they claim that the combination of flax fibers and other agents can be healing and rebuilding for the colon. A local health food store in the Fort Lauderdale area sells it for $15.95. It is also available in capsules which the reperesentative on the phone takes herself. She recommended that I increase the dosage slowly, starting with one scoop at night and one in the morning. I am a little reluctant to try it because it contains trphala which by itself is very powerful and stimulating. However they claim that the formula used is the optimum formula for rebuilding the colon. I am still going to try the flax seeds for a while. I would be interested to know how others are doing on the flax seeds - when they take them and how do they increase the dosage and also on the Fiber- Smart.Also, has anyone tried to get off "Laci - Le Beau Tea"? and Ultimate Cleanse AM_PM. I really believe that is what threw my system off balance to begin with. Any answers and feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi, welcome! I've been eating (sprinkling on my food) ground flaxseed for quite a while but especially lately. they don't seem to bother me. I originally started eating flaxseed a while back, after I read they were supposed to be esp. good for women. now, I eat more, and consume flax oil and also take a special tablet, 'cause it was determined that I'm quite low in omega-3 fatty acids.it has only been recently that I also have been learning about how flaxseed might help the colon. GOOD LUCK. would be interested in hearing what you decide to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.