Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about Benefiber? I have been taking 1 tablespoon a day for the last week and will be upping it to 2 tbs on Monday. I was told to take Metamucil, but I here it can be hard on you. I have enough pain and gas as it is. Any good experiences?DF

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tiss,How much Benefiber would you recommend? It is not helping the C at all for me yet. How much do you take a day?DF

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Desertflower: I love Benefiber. I have tried Metamucel, Fibercon, and Citracel. Had trouble with all of them, but Benefiber. I was also having trouble w/constipation and once in a while the other. I take 1 Tablespoon to 1 1/2 TBSP. a day in the evening. I also have some Raisin Bran for breakfast and always a salad and vegetables for supper. So that way I am getting soluble and insoluble fiber everyday. I have never been as regulated as I am now. I have been taking the Benefiber since last Sept. 05. Be consistent with taking Benefiber everyday. Try to add some other fiber during the day and drink lots of water. I like Tiss, I don't have any side effects from Benefiber. Mixes well, doesn't taste bad and you can take it the rest of your Life everday. Good Luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
RajHi, desertflower, Have you tried chewable tablets of Benefiber. Do Benefiber tablets work as well as the powder. I I am IBS-C .I have been using Citrucel powder and recently tried Benefiber tabs. Too early to decide which is better. Any comments?? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I think Benefiber is guar gum, whatever that is. I take 1 tblspn in the a.m. and another tblespn in the evening. I also use magnesium supplements and try to eat a pretty high fiber diet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts