Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started FiberChoice on Friday after reading of the success some of you had with it. I am IBS D&C, usually i've been more D but the past few months it's been more C. So i'm not used to coping with the C symptoms as much and don't want to do anything to start my D symptoms, therefore, I started by taking two of the FiberChoice tablets - one in the morning and one in the evening. I don't notice any difference except occasional gas but nothing severe. I'm wondering if I should chew both of them at the same time instead of am and pm - if that would make a difference. Since i'm experimenting i didn't want to do anything really drastic, and i realize it may take 3 or 4 days to make a difference. Any suggestions? Chew two in the am or pm or continue as i'm doing now? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just started Fiber Choice last week too! I'm also experimenting. I started out with 2 in the morning for 3 days. Made me C. Skipped a day,then took 1in am and 1 in afternoon. Next 2 days took 2 in am. C. again yesterday. Took 1 last night and had a little D. this am so I took two. I believe this will take a while to get to know right doses. It's been great for me!!! A feal relief to constant D. I don't think altering doses will hurt us. Hang in there!!!!! Maria

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean, Maria....it's almost a relief to not have the D but i'm finding the C symptoms to be quite uncomfortable (gas, concern that the gas may not be gas when i'm in a breakfast meeting like this morning, incomplete BM's, etc....) so i may try taking two in the evening and see if i have a surprise when I awaken (hopefully before work). Good luck. Maybe we will get some responses from others that will help us.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got lots of gas from taking 2 at the same time, so yesterday, I just took one, and I'm going to see how that works. I also drank a smoothie yesterday with a fiber boost in it, and it gave me some gas and a few cramps, but I was able to go normally for the most part. I think I'm going to just stick with taking one and then maybe working my way up to 2. It took a few days for my body to respond by allowing me to actually go without any problems, and I think everyone's bodies will react differently. I know that it will be more effective, too, once I get into the habit of drinking my daily quota of water. I'm still having a hard time with that.Ashley

·
Registered
506 Posts
For you D types, If your not used to being C - your probobly also not used to drinking lots of water. Fiber won't work for C if you don't get enough water (8 glasses a day). In fact it will constipate you instead. Also, try drinking a big glass of cold water right when you wake up. Usually makes me go right away. I havn't tried fiber choice yet, but this is the way fiber usually works in general. Just remember that even though the package claims that you don't need to take it with water - it still needs water to work in the intestines. Good Luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ashley, i love smoothie's but the first time i drank one with extra fiber i had such horrible gas i had to leave work and go home. Then I experienced D that evening. I noticed Fiber Choice only has a tad over 2 grams of fiber and since i'm currently trying the Weight Watchers diet i'm getting a lot of fiber from fruits and veggies and i'm drinking 72 - 76 oz. of water a day. Perhaps it is the change in diet that's changing my symptoms...whatever it is, it's confusing. Good luck to you and thanks for the response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts