Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried Fibercon the the other night..first night..a little gas..no big deal, I expected that. 2nd night..wow..gas..bloating and my stomach distended and totally rigid! That seems to be a tad unusual. I had tried citrucel before and it helped a bit but gave me reflux. Any suggestions, advice or opinions would help. All I want is to take my kids to the park..is that so much to ask??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What about trying Metamucil? I take it twice a day. Try one dose for the first couple of days and then add the second daily dose. It did make me feel bloated at first and gassy, but I have been on it about 6 weeks now and I feel pretty normal. And I can finally leave the house again after a month long bout of "D".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It can take some time for your body to get used to the fibercon. I know it gives me more gas, as well as makes me produce more stool, but in my case it has really improved things, it keeps things moving so I'm not C and bulks things up so I don't get the D. If you can tolerate it, I would give it at least 2 weeks. The response to fiber is so different for everyone that you might have to experiment alittle till you find the right thing for you. Hope this helps.------------------Nancy

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I would stay on it for a while, just to give it a fair shot. And make sure you're drinking tons of water (but you probably knew that!). I had the opposite problem - Metamucil, Citrucil and oat bran all gave me horrible bloating and gas pains. Fibercon is the only thing I can take!Ty

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I took Fibercon for one day and by evening, I was out there like a balloon. It was horrible. Coward that I am, I dropped the whole idea!P.S. Citrucel was milder, but I had to keep going![This message has been edited by Persistance (edited 09-13-1999).]

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I started taking fibercon and it has helped,but I am curious how much you take? I started with just one,and I only take it when I need it. Plus lots of water.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been of Fibrecon for years and find it very helpful most of the time. I agree with the fact that you should keep trying and give your body time to adjust. At least this is a natural product, so continuing it awhile will not harm anything. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.