Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Again,Has anyone tried FiberSmart(a high potency flax fiber complex w/acidophilus, and L-Glutamine)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Camille,How wonderful to see you on the board. Hope you will post often. You know you're among friends--and we certainly consider you one!!I haven't heard of those, but I'm sure others have and will be responding......Hope you're well today.......------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Hmmm... haven't heard of it, but it sounds like just what a lot of us take separately. I take Fibercon and acidophilus. Is this sold at places like GNC? I'd love to try it.Ty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is it used? Is it sprinkled over food, or is it a complete food in itself? The ingredients sure sound like what we need.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I'm sorry Camille - I haven't heard of it. I have the diarrhea version of IBS and I take Metamusil - a form of fiber. Along with that I take Caltrate Plus and Lactaid (for milk intolerance) and I'm having great success with this combination.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Camille, thanks for joining us
!Haven't heard of FiberSmart is it something you take? You have posted twice I see and already have posted something we are interested in, and we have posted just about everything we know of under the sun,but would like to hear more about this if you would, it sounds interesting.------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FiberSmart by Renew Life Formulas is a powdered Flax fiber supplement that contains no psyllium so it good for people who are sensitive to psyllium fibers. What it does contain is Lactobacillus Acidophilus/Bifidus and L-Glutamine.You are supposed to mix a couple of scoops of FiberSmart in eight ounces of water. They tell you that you need to drink plenty of water while using this product. I saw this at a Whole Foods Market here in California and I tried it for a few days. I can't tell you if it has helped me at all, but my stomach didn't hurt after drinking it. What I can tell you is that it dosen't taste that great. Here is a phone number they give if anyone has any questions...1-800-830-4778. I got this and Calm Colon that same day and I have heard and seen many posts on Calm Colon and nothing on Fiber Smart so I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about or have tried this product.camille

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Thanks for the info, Camille. Whole Food is the place I do all my shopping. I'll check it out next week on my lunch hour. Metamucil does bother me somewhat. I usually only last a couple of weeks on it before stopping.If you guys don't have a Whole Foods near you, they are on line -- http://www.wholefoods.com/,[/URL] and they do online shopping. They don't have all their products on line yet but you can check.[This message has been edited by JeanG (edited 10-22-1999).][This message has been edited by JeanG (edited 10-23-1999).]

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Camille -- Thanks for the suggestion. I'll certainly check out Fiber Smart.I've had great success with Calm Colon, so I hope you do well on it also. The main thing to keep in mind is that the herbal formula sometimes takes a while to kick in. Give it a few weeks before deciding if your getting any benefit from it.Good luck!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Hi Camille,I too, am glad to see you posting. I have never heard of Fibre Smart either, but sounds just like something I've been looking for. I'm a "C" type and currently takine Perdiem Fiber, which is 100% psyllium and causes lots of gas and discomfort. I have been searching for a Flax Seed product, but haven't purchased anything yet. Another member of this board uses a ground flax meal, which she says doesn't cause the gas and discomfort of the OTC fiber supplements. Please keep us posted with your results. Sounds like this product might be beneficial to a lot of us.------------------"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"Rose

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Rose, your link worked for me.Camille, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Thanks, Jean I did finally get into their site, but couldn't find anything on the Fiber Smart, so I e-mailed them.------------------"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"Rose

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi: Re Whole Foods and Fiber Smart. I'll try to call them today to see if they have it in their store. In the meantime, email them. They may have it but not have it posted on their website yet. There very helpful people and can probably tell you who sells it online or otherwise. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Barbara:I emailed RenewLife to see if they have a supplier near me. I called Whole Foods in San Francisco and they did not have the, although Camille said she saw it somewhere. Probably if I call them back and say it's available somewhere else they can find it for me.If anyone gets it let us know. I wouldn't mind trying it, and flax is supposed to be healthy for you anyway. I keep buying flax and forgetting I have it. Maybe if I would clean my kitchen once in a while I could find things!Rose, let me know what Whole Foods says when they email you back, ok? Thanks.Jean [This message has been edited by JeanG (edited 10-23-1999).]

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Camille, The best fiber product I have found yet is totally natural. It is finely ground flax meal. You can find it at health food stores, usually bagged and refrigerated or I have even found it in the health food isle of grocery stores. Bob's Red Mill out of Milwauke, Oregan packages many whole grain/milled products that are great. We even get them here in the Midwest (WI). You can sprinkle about a tsp-Tbsp in your hot cereal, applesauce, yogurt, etc.. It mixes well and has a nutty flavor. I follow this with hot herbal tea and it works nicely. It seems about a kitchen tsp. in the a.m. and one in the p.m. works well for me. I also have recently purchased an enteric coated pro-biotic (acidophylis) product called Primadophilus in the refrigerated area of my local health food store, which seems to be working better than the PB8 I was previously taking. ------------------[This message has been edited by moldie (edited 10-23-1999).]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.