Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
It depends on what kind of fiber you are talking about... There are two kinds.. soluable or insoluable... each works in a different way ..... If one has IBS C one would want to add the fiber that adds roughage.. leafy greens.. twigs and bark.... so to speak... adds lots of roughage.. to move things along.. drinking lots of water with this will help too..If one is IBS D they would want.. carrots.. apples.. oat bran...etc.. which form bulk.. but also absorb water.. Do a search to find out the foods that fall into each group.. You will be surprised by what you read and find..If you wait a few seconds too long before you drink your fiber supplement you are drinking a sludgey type drink.. well this is how these react in the bowel too... bulking things up..It works.... you just have to add the right one.. in the right amount..

· Registered
492 Posts
Sure fiber will do that to you.. if you don't drink enough water, if you read the directions of the label... You drink one glass of water to mix then you take another glass following.. I drink a good amount of water every day.. plus other fluids.. and take my fiber supplement at night before bedtime.. drinking a glass of water after I finish it...Every person is different.. one works for this person may not for another.. Just a matter of finding what works right for you..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.