Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
I wonder if the pain of fibro is properly described as spasm...my fibro never lets up, whenever I move and even sometimes when I don't, I have this steady tearing pain.IBS, OTOH, smacks me with rolling pains which stop when the D has finished.Well, whatever, those of us who are "blessed" with both conditions are not blessed at all.

· Registered
238 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Janet Robinson:I have IBS and fibro..having a serious flare up of fibro, got a new neuro doctor..up'd the meds.
Janet, I would be grateful for the names of the meds, if you can share them. I've never found anything that worked, either for IBS or fibro. My fibro is flaring, too --- you definitely have my sympathy. Thanks for posting!Angie

· Registered
238 Posts
Just read you post..Yes I have severe fibro, have since 1991, I take 55mgs of Elavil which just got up'd from 45mgs, and 2 mg's of valium ( which is a child's does) 4 times a day..Helps but has cheanged my life.. A great doctor at Jefferson University in Philadelphia helped me for many years he has now retired so I see a loval Neuro doctor..
Doesn't that much Elavil make you sleepy? Is that what you meant about "changed your life?"Angie in Texas, US

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.