Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been diagnosed with fibro, although one doc did mention it. Just would like a bit ofinfo on it. Does it tend to get worse as time goes by, such as, I have found over the last coupleof months that the body pain and weakness seem to be stronger. My energy level is nil, the more I try to do the worse I feel. I would also like to know if your menstrual cycle is affected, is it possible that it causes you to be in more pain when you have fibro and does fibro possibly cause it to be longer in duration, heavier and more body draining.Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Pasttime, I've had fibro for the past 16 years and have to admit when I am going through a bad bout of fm it does seem to be worst each time. It usually last anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months and my main symptoms are fatigue, pain and fibro fog. I tend to lay low and rest up during this time. On the days that I am better I try to go for a walk (even a short walk can help). I started yoga 2 years ago combined with massage and meds to help me manage this. When it came to my periods I was very fatigued due to anemia. It turned out that I had fibroids, ovarian cysts and endometriosis and ended up having a hysterectomy. So combine the anemia with the fm fatigue and I was a basketcase . It would probably be a good idea to go back to your doctor and have them check your blood to see if your heavy periods could be adding to the problems. Then they could also check to see why you are having heavy periods. I notice you are from Mississauga (lived there for 3 yrs. Cawthra & Dundas area). I'm l/2 hr. from Hamilton. If you need more info you can email me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts