Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I am currently in the midst of battling to get Odansetron (Zofran) perscribed here in the UK. I have written an appeal letter to my Consultant Gastroentrolgist. However if my perscription request should be declined; is there any sort of appeals process I can use? It is completly impossible to get the drug privately as it costs too much and I am struggling on disability benefits as it is.It would be great if someone could get back to me on this. Thanks,mr_colt

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mr_colt,I am aware that many of the drug companies have special programs for people who can't entirely afford their drugs. You should look into this ...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatly the drug companies won't cover the UK due to the fact we have a "Free health service." When i said private i really meant getting the drug from a foreign online pharmacy. The trouble is due to the NHS service in the UK, few doctors will do a private perscription anymore. Even if I got one; branded Zofran is too expensive here and I don't think the new licenced generic versions are avaliable to pharmacies yet.So i'm stuck in an endless circle of beauracy. Insurance is out of the question due to my income and pre-existing.Does anyone know of a perscription appeals process. I have access to a solicitor via my student insurance but its for representation only so I have to do the research.Can anyone help me?Thanks,mr_colt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts