Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
hI GUYS I would like to share that for the past 2 years and recent months, i have gone through many checks and meds due to having IBS and GERD.. well i had endoscope and colonscope done 1 year back..so i was diagonised with the above 2 illness.. but lately i have not been feeling too well, see my gastro and my Gp..so i like to have some comments as i felt i could not differentiate between my 2 illness GERD. PPLE with acid reflux tend to have heartburn, lump in throat , chest discomfort . i do not have hardly any of those..but i do face abdominal discomfort, a lot of burping at times after a meal and lately slight nausea at times. i was diagonised with GERD by endoscope 1.5 years ago due to some inflammation on the esphogheus IBS-D i did a colonscope 1 year ago and doc diagonised me with IBSMost of the time, i face, stomach cramps and watery, loose scattered stools. on a bad week, i would go to the toliet like 2 ~3 times /day to pass such loose and watery stools..on a bad painful day, i do pass dark coloured and watery stools (oni on occassional painful moments). But lately i have been facing stomach burning sensation and passing much watery loose stools..when i felt stomach discomfort, along came the slight feeling of nausea which seem like a new systom to memy gastro told me the nausea is due to gerd...ask me started taking nexium for 1 month and probitotics for 1 month. i decided to see another of my GP and was told to take lactoguard and labevine (stomach cramps) + my Probiotics..some how i feel the nausea and abdomen discomfort is due to my IBS . i have stop nexium for past 7 days.. still taking my lactoguard + labevine + probiotics.. i also felt better for the past 1~2 weeks after my lactoguard and LabevineMy Advise from my regular GP is since i had done all the scopes which is carried out by my gastro 1.5 years back, to assure myself, i went to do a ultrasound on abdomen, blood test to check for crotisis diseases / infection / blood count and stool test. ..all turn out fine !!!! Guys is there a huge relation from acid reflux ~ addomen discomfort ~ IBS??? somehow i always feel i am more IBS problematic then my GERD..if i can just focus on my IBS problem by making a change on my diet (currently already omit caffine and tobbaco from my diet and life) and with proper meds..i hope to defeat it soon..i believe this forum acts an encouragement channel for all us IBS / GERD related sufferers..Have to stay optimistc and share good opinions from forum members so we can defeat this illness and take back our normal life..cheers

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
People prone to one GI problem seem to be prone to other ones. So a lot of people have more than one thing going on.GERD sometimes causes a lot of symptoms with very little damage and sometimes causes quite a bit of damage without that many symptoms. A lot of things are like that. I get a lot of heartburn, but not a lot of damage, but that may be because the heartburn is so bad I always treat it pretty aggressively as I can't function when it goes off. :(If you are getting damage in the esophagus it is important to treat that even if it isn't the most bothersome thing day to day as some types of damage in the esophagus can make you more likely to get cancer and so you want to keep that under control.Have you tried a lower carb/lower starch diet? Some people find that helps with the IBS-D, and a recent small study showed that can help. You may have to avoid things that set off the GERD (like if you get worse with fatty foods, stick to lean protein with the low carb) but that should be doable.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Since you have already discovered inflammation re the GERD, it is possible that it will be more of the same in the colon causing the other. That seems to have been the case with me. If so, find something to treat the inflammation and you may well be able to treat both conditions.Mark

·
Registered
312 Posts
lately i have been geting a little bit of heart burn after eating broccoli =/ since thats the only vegetable i mostly eat its somewhat dissapointing but maybe theres something i can do to fix it thoughalso try eating just meat,unsalted butter,eggs,animal organs, bone marrow. these foods are great they healed my IBS-D and such but also remember when i say just eat them foods i truly mean JUST eat them foods and absolutely nothing els no vitamins and no added things for example you cook a steak in butter and it will not hurt your gut but if you cook a steak in any vegetable oil even olive oil and it will hurt your gutalso if possible try to eat grass fed meat and or truly natural organic meat but also note meat can be labeld organic and still grain fed so you gotta be careful i think the best is geting it from a truly natural farm a natural place that you have seen with your eyes and never mind if its got that stupid organic label on it or notyou can test broccoli too if you want but just eat the top flower parts the stems are just full of fiber which will hurt your stomachhttp://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htmalso cheese is a good food but you gotta be extremely careful only hard cheeses are ok like chedder monza or feta and no soft or runny cheese like riccota or cottage or cream cheese at allalso i hear raw milk is good but i have never been able to test it yet but its worth a test even when normal pasturized milk makes you sickand i know fatty meat and broccoli is normally impossible for you to eat even one bite of right? but things are completely different when you cut out the carbohydrates its worth a try you should notice 70-90% less gas with in just 2-3 days but as for your stomach repairing as a whole that takes about a month or so depends how strictly you follow the diet but also when your stomach is fully healed you should have basically no gas at all as long as you just eat these foodsedit: also i forgot to mention don't hold back on the animal fat eat all your chicken skin and such you will be a fat burning metabolism and will need it for energy when you eat this food also you will enter ketosis it's perfectly normally but for the first week you may feel low on energy and dizzy as your body adapts to something it has not done in many years but once fully adapted you will feel greathttp://www.biblelife.org/ketosis.htmhope this info helps God bless

1 - 4 of 4 Posts