Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone!!!I just wanted to share with everyone about something that I have realized during my latest flare up. I realized that what is important in life is to be happy and right with God. Physical and mental pain, for me, are much easier to handle knowing that God is with me each step of the way.I know that it sounds corny, but it is amazing the amount of clarity and comfort you can feel when in pain if you just submit to God and let his grace and love shower down on you.I realize this isn't the forum to talk "religion" but this is the place to give ideas out as to how to make things more tolerable.Just remember that when you are feeling down you don't have to feel that way alone.
------------------God never gives me more than I can handle at one time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi New and CONFUSEDI feel the same way. Every time I reply I am trying to figure out a way to say God has helped me without actually saying "God".I usually say spirituality and meditation helps.What about guys? Is it ok for us to say "God"?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ditto, you can refer to God all you want. It's not like you're saying that the Christian God is the only way, right? Just that it's the path you're taking and you're suggesting others might find it works too. Who can argue that? (Probably some.) I've seen many people find great consolation in times of trouble by connecting with a higher power. ------------------Enlightenment is progressive disillusionment.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the inspiration. I don't rely on my faith as much as I should during my D attacks and the anxious times when I am afraid that one might occur. We were out of town last night. We ate out and then went shopping. I was terrified!!!Thank God everything went well. I need to focus on all that power and peace that I have available if only I will ask and accept help.Thanks for reminding me of this!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys - i am not at all into relgion but I do belive we need faith - so I hope you don't mind me posting this - Its something I like to belive !Footprints One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that at many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that is happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD... you said that once I decided to follow You, You'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I do not understand why You'd leave me when I needed You the most." The LORD replied, "My precious, precious child, I love and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you. - Mary Stevenson [This message has been edited by conners (edited 06-02-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn't agree more
and Conners, "Footprints" is my very favorite!!! Thanks for posting it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have found that one of the best ways to keep my IBS in check is to rely on God when I AM NOT having an attack.This starts a pattern of faith. Faith during an attack is so important, of course, but I think that if you believe that God is alive and waiting to help you through it, also believe that if you ignore Him during the rest of your life, you will be very disapointed when you DO need Him. Faith is a pattern. God wants a relationship with us.Just my thoughts on this. The only reason I bring it up is because I have heard so many people with IBS blaming God for not helping them when, in fact, they have made no attempt to have a relationship with Him. (It's like being told to take 3 pills a day and you take 1. You then blame the medication for not working.)Faith has been proven to be a great treatment for so many but please, if you are going to try it, don't give up. It doesn't happen overnight.(You knew I wouldn't stay away from this for long.)Tim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tpThanks for adding the part about keeping the faith when all is well. It is so very important.It's nice to know so many are in the same place--IBS and God

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.