Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14,050 Posts
Lisa Welcome!
I'm glad that you found us. Yes stress can bring on a flare for me too. & Yes in my book, re-modelling=stress! Positive or negative stress can do this to me. I'm not sure our bodies can tell the difference between the two! I used to be just D then I changed to C/D or D/C depending on the way the winds blew it seemed! I have made some dietary-lifestyle changes: Stopped undereating (this took some time) Upping my fiber & water, s-l-o-w-l-y. Exercising (just walking nothin fancy) Sleeping better. Using anti-spasmodic meds like Levsin & librax (In the same class of meds as Bentyl). And I did Mike's hypnotherapy program. I have seen dramatic reduction in symptoms & feel world's better.I hope you do too. Please continue to read posts & ask questions on here & our other Forums (Down by "Hop To:") Educating myself was my way onto better management of my symptoms. So welcome again & I hope you are feeling better soon.
BTW Lisa, Try some hydrocortisone ointment on your poor sore bum. That puts the fire out for me.
BQ[This message has been edited by BQ (edited 07-16-2001).]

· Registered
14,050 Posts
Lisa Welcome!
I'm glad that you found us. Yes stress can bring on a flare for me too. & Yes in my book, re-modelling=stress! Positive or negative stress can do this to me. I'm not sure our bodies can tell the difference between the two! I used to be just D then I changed to C/D or D/C depending on the way the winds blew it seemed! I have made some dietary-lifestyle changes: Stopped undereating (this took some time) Upping my fiber & water, s-l-o-w-l-y. Exercising (just walking nothin fancy) Sleeping better. Using anti-spasmodic meds like Levsin & librax (In the same class of meds as Bentyl). And I did Mike's hypnotherapy program. I have seen dramatic reduction in symptoms & feel world's better.I hope you do too. Please continue to read posts & ask questions on here & our other Forums (Down by "Hop To:") Educating myself was my way onto better management of my symptoms. So welcome again & I hope you are feeling better soon.
BTW Lisa, Try some hydrocortisone ointment on your poor sore bum. That puts the fire out for me.
BQ[This message has been edited by BQ (edited 07-16-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.