Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here have a colonoscopy? LOL I know you guys have, so I need some help! I had my procedure at 1:30pm, I was released at 3:00pm, and now it's 5:00pm, and I'm still gassy-not balloon gassy, but still passing a lot of gas, and that weird yellow watery stuff. How long does that last? I ate some mashed potatoes at 3:30, and then some chicken at 4:45. I know my wonderful gut is faster moving than most, so I'm just wondering when I'll be back to "normal". I'm having lunch with friends tomorrow and a birthday party for my brother tomorrow night. Anybody know if I'll be good to go with these activities? Thanks in advance :D

By the way NO CROHN'S!!! Hallelujah!

·
Registered
266 Posts
When I would have flair ups it would be normally about 2-3 days to calm down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I felt great last night and this morning but after lunch the burning diarrhea started. It wasn't a long episode, but ugh, my bowels hate me. I didn't even eat anything that out of the ordinary for myou normal diet, but I'm guessing because of how sensitive my bowels are right now I need to be extra careful. My doctor told me now we can try some medications so hopefully that can happen sooner rather than later. Do you think I should take some pepto or I'm imodium to help slow things down or should I try to let it get calm on its own?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well I felt great last night and this morning but after lunch the burning diarrhea started. It wasn't a long episode, but ugh, my bowels hate me. I didn't even eat anything that out of the ordinary for myou normal diet, but I'm guessing because of how sensitive my bowels are right now I need to be extra careful. My doctor told me now we can try some medications so hopefully that can happen sooner rather than later. Do you think I should take some pepto or I'm imodium to help slow things down or should I try to let it get calm on its own?
I don't think there would be any problems in taking Imodium in the mean time. If you're experiencing burning diarrhea, you might want to ask your doctor about Bile Acid Malabsorption. It can cause acidic diarrhea and can be treated with a specific medication.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Your gas should subside the next day, probably some liquid excretion for a day or two, as you had been cleansed out by the colonoscopy and nothing really solid should have left within your digestive system until you ate food afterwards. No worry for the aftermath of the colonoscopy. More to worth worry is the condition you are probably having and the impacts on your quality of life that may not start to manifest years later......

Good Luck and Cheer Up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.