Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI haven't posted for a year,,,,been suffering desperately,,,,,,,was always delaying the tests because I was dreading the prep more than anything,,,,still dealing with the after effects.I had become so ill in the last few months that i could hold on any longer...I guess I relieved to find that there was nothing REALLY HORRIBLE in their, I was thinking the worst,(you know like worrying about my children). I was found with chronic gastritis, evidence of doudenitis(whats that) multiple small scattered divericula in the sigmold colon and descending colon. and a small non-bleeding, sessile, smooth polyp in ythe ascending colon....went for biopsy. My doctor spoke to me as I was waking up so I was really in a fog. I was wondering if someone is familiar with all this and could help me out before I call him and ask to explain further..Oh yes and he said that i definetly have spastic colin(which I already knew),,,I was having major contracions while being tested. He gave me librax which made me feel pretty relaxed, and I ate pizza ( yum after fasting for 2 days) I didn't have any gas and pain after. so maybe it worked...I was on bentyl but that didn't do so well and really thew me for a loop. Oh yes why must i stop eating nuts, corn and large seeds?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
First of all good for you, Darla, that were able to muster the courage to have the scopes. I believe you will start to feel better soon since the doctor now knows what's ailing you.My scope also revealed chronic gastritis. It will be interesting to see what your biopsy reveals. This is often caused by a bacteria called H. Pylori, which I had. There are medicines to treat this if the biopsy shows you have that, too. So, definitely follow up next week and find out your biopsy results.Duodenitis means "inflammation of the duodenum." The duodenum is the first part of your small intestine.Librax is such a great drug. I had really painful, bad spasms in my colon and the Librax worked every time. Now I only take it as needed, which is every few months.I don't have diverticulitis, but many people here do, so you should do a "search" here on that word. I believe these are little pockets in your colon and you can't eat nuts, seeds, etc. because they can get stuck in these little pockets and infected.Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon.Stacey

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
First of all good for you, Darla, that were able to muster the courage to have the scopes. I believe you will start to feel better soon since the doctor now knows what's ailing you.My scope also revealed chronic gastritis. It will be interesting to see what your biopsy reveals. This is often caused by a bacteria called H. Pylori, which I had. There are medicines to treat this if the biopsy shows you have that, too. So, definitely follow up next week and find out your biopsy results.Duodenitis means "inflammation of the duodenum." The duodenum is the first part of your small intestine.Librax is such a great drug. I had really painful, bad spasms in my colon and the Librax worked every time. Now I only take it as needed, which is every few months.I don't have diverticulitis, but many people here do, so you should do a "search" here on that word. I believe these are little pockets in your colon and you can't eat nuts, seeds, etc. because they can get stuck in these little pockets and infected.Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon.Stacey

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Stacey,,,and by the way I was H.Pylori positive about 2 years ago,,,through a different doctor i was given that tripple whammy dose of antibiotics.....after having the scope yesterday, the doc said it didn't look like it was present.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Stacey,,,and by the way I was H.Pylori positive about 2 years ago,,,through a different doctor i was given that tripple whammy dose of antibiotics.....after having the scope yesterday, the doc said it didn't look like it was present.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi:I'm glad that you went and had the testing done. The duodenitis is an inflammation of the upper part of your small intestine. You need to ask your doctor what he thinks is causing this inflammation.Also, there is a difference between diverticulosis and diverticulitis. It sounds like your doctor found diverticulosis, which is when the diverticula are found but are not found to be infected. You will want to maintain a high fiber diet and avoid the seeds, etc., you mention to avoid having them get caught in the diverticula and cause diverticulitis.I hope you begin to feel better soon. ~JR~

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi:I'm glad that you went and had the testing done. The duodenitis is an inflammation of the upper part of your small intestine. You need to ask your doctor what he thinks is causing this inflammation.Also, there is a difference between diverticulosis and diverticulitis. It sounds like your doctor found diverticulosis, which is when the diverticula are found but are not found to be infected. You will want to maintain a high fiber diet and avoid the seeds, etc., you mention to avoid having them get caught in the diverticula and cause diverticulitis.I hope you begin to feel better soon. ~JR~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.