Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well before work wake up run the the bathroom make coffee go to work start having bad pains of D while driving kinda moving back in forth in car seat looking like iam driving drunk..lol then the cold sweats hit iam like dang i know i can make it just a few more miles make it there slam my cars e break one have my pants half way down and made it just in time count one in for the good guys lol all my co workers know i have been ill with ibs and somtimes get a kick out of it but today i thought it was pretty funny as well today iam just happy i was able to clamp down and make it to the bathroom whewww

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Lol! Glad you can see the funny side of it. I too had "one of those days". I think I may have a bug but anyway, woke up this morning and all was okay for a change so drive 15 minutes to the local shopping centre with hubby for groceries. Half way there the waves of pain start so I keep tugging on my seatbelt (I like pressure on my belly when it hurts) and like you am wiggling around looking like a drunk driver and hoping not to have an accident. Meanwhile poor hubby is holding onto the door for dear life. We get there, park the car and I spend 10 frustrating minutes trying to decide if I am actually up for groceries and finally decide yes so in we go. Well, bad idea. I fly blindly up and down each aisle throwing in all manner of stuff we don't need and missing all the stuff we do and after a mere 10 more minutes decide I need to go home NOW!!! Hubby knew something was wrong. I usually take an hour to get from aisle 10 to aisle 5 but today did it in 8 minutes! So he goes to the checkout and I go to sit in the car but not before I run into one person in the checkout next to us and fall into the lady in front of us' trolley cause I'm in such a blind panic to go and sit in the car!Luckily hubby drove like batman and we got home without him being busted for speeding and I raced inside looking like a clown as I held it in till I got to the loo. Sigh, yep, I guess looking back it was quite hilarious.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well I must say CONGRATULATIONS - That is a good long time you have acheived there.When you think about it a lot of so called "Normal people" could not do that.To stop the mad dashes with the blurred vision (So to speak) do this to calm you down. Breathe in a big deep breath of air and hold it for as long as you can, and then let it out slowly - Do it 2 or 3 times and then your head feels much clearer - When it happens again repeat - This makes sure that you have a good supply of oxygen and that you can concentrate on the job in hand.But I think a BIG PAT ON THE BACK FOR YOU GUYS THOUGH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts