Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried the following with no improvement to firm up my stool, and wondered if there are any other ideas out there:I'm looking for a dietary way to firm up stool (I've been through every med, and am working with one now, but want to also work on trying to find a dietary change that aids).Calcium supplementsgluten freefiber supplementsdairy freeprobioticsprebioticslowfatno veg/fruitno straws for drinksno carbonated drinks or alcoholI currently do eat gluten and dairy (though no milk or ice cream).

·
Registered
311 Posts
check into tryptophan & 5HTP............they need to b in the presence of B2, P5P, chelated magnesium, niacin/niacinamide & vitamin C........u need to find the lowest dose of them that works..........these things r converted to serotonin........70-80% of the serotonin in the body is made in the intestines.............w/o enough of it, the intestinal walls have very little integrity...........they become spastic & weak.........left long enough, u get leaky gut syndrome & systemic candida.........

·
Registered
546 Posts
nrep,Have you given low-carb (high-fat) a try? That means eating a lot of fatty meat, possibly with eggs. That's firmed up my stool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts