Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG! Yesterday getting out of shower I had the worst spasm ever! I had a small bm before getting in shower. When I got out of shower the spasm hit! All through ab. even to my rectum, I couldn't stand upright just stayed bent over rocking sideways repeating "oh my God" I finally made it to my levsin put 2 under my tongue, took a xanax and a precacet and got to couch where heating pad was already plugged in. I thought people exaggerate the pain, now I know better! I hope it never happens again. I made it to work on time didn't curl my hair or anything managed to brush it in place. I saw ob/gyn today she gave script for bextra for pelvic pain said percacet does nothing for pelvic pain
. I'm still working on dx for these gi/pelvic issues, it's a pain. I just want to be feeling like my old self again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have been there so many times jll but i take only buscopan for IBS pain,if it gets to the stage you were in then it is a trip to the local GP for a shot of buscapan that seems to work quiker and betterbasicly i just curl up in the fetal postion until it passes it is hard to work out whitch is the best way to make it pass quikly

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Jill....all I can say is me too. I've had that exact pain where you just hold your breath and don't move. It has been so bad before that I have cried. I don't know if you are IBS-C or D, but I am IBS-C and take Zelnorm. Since I started taking Z I have not had one pain. I'm not a big pill taker and I sure don't like to mix medicines. Be careful!! But, you're not alone and I don't think it is a GYN issue. It sounds like it is just your IBS. When I was having pains it was the exact same way and it was IBS. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Texas... I'm IBS-C. I tried Zelnorm and it gave me real bad upper quadrant pain. Right now I take Kristalose every day and it helps the C. I'm going to see a gi Nov 18, till now I've seen my family doc and gyn.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kath. I got the second link but couldn't connect to the first one. I can't wait to see a GI and find out info and what I can do and expect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts