Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you, but when I read someone's post or reply, or see their profile, I can't help but form a mental picture of that person - which is probably way off. I know we aren't supposed to give out much personal ID stuff on the net, but how about a comparison visual. What famous person do you most look like or do people tell you that you look like?As for me, all my adult life I've been told I look and sound like Eve Arden (remember "Our Miss Brooks") or Bea Arthur from "Golden Girls." No cheating now, I didn't say I looked like Shania Twain.
This one could be me if it was in the desert instead of the mountains.
[This message has been edited by LindaB (edited 03-13-99).]

G

·
Sometimes people tell me I look like Christina Applegate. I guess there's a slight resemblance, but I think she looks a lot better than me!!

G

·
Many people mistake me for Michelle Williams (the blonde from Dawson's Creek and Halloween H20) before she cut her hair. Her face is a bit rounder than mine, but I guess its pretty close.

G

·
Linda B - what a funny idea! I think it's a good idea too. Gee, in the morning's I think I look like *ell. Can't think of a famous person I really look like - I've been told by a few people that I resemble Phyllis George Brown - some of you may not even know who she is. I'm plus-sized now with very long reddish brown hair. Yes, I maintain my heavy weight even with IBS. Wish I could say I look like Shania Twain! Heck,I'd even settle to sing like her. karen r

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
well here goes!!i have more people tell me that i look like S--T,ha,ha,ha, even though i feel like it, really now, i could be a tom selleck look alike,more people tell me that and i get a sort of flush embarass, feeling when they say it,my wife gets a big kick out of it so she adds more fuel to the fire, you know how some woman can get,she keeps it going well see ya

G

·
In my younger days, I was told I was a Cher look-alike. Now that Cher and I are pretty much the same age ... not true. I aged and she didn't ... but, then again, I didn't have a plastic surgeon at my disposal.

·
Registered
387 Posts
A lady I used to work with once told me I looked like Richard Chamberlin.
(But she wore glasses so thick they were probably bullet proof
)[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 02-22-99).]

G

·
Well LindaB I can sh*t though the eye of a needle but I don't know who I look like, gotta ask others then I'll let you know. BTW I do know it's not gonna be Dolly Parton LOL!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello all! I am new as of last night and Ihave to tell you, Ilove the instant comradarie here!Peter, love your picture. Itoo am a lover of outdoors and cannot wait until it is above 70 degrees here so I can go hking and camping again!As for who Iook like,a few years ago when I used to "do myself up", I used to get Linda Carter (Wonder Woman) alot. Then I changed my life and outlook and now I always get that I look like Janis Joplin. Either one is fine by me!Kathy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, most days, I feel like I look like a horses *ss. (I oughta know what they look like, I clean up after 6 of them everyday). When I had my hair permed, I was told I looked like Barbara Streisand, and now I've been downrated (no offence intended) to KD Lang! I have a small face and you guessed, larger than average beak. When at horse shows, people often thing my hubby is my dad because I look like a skinny kid in a stetson! How do you guys do those neat moving picture/cartoon things - I'm a computer idiot, but would love to have one of my own (complete with the horses *ss!) Thanks gang, just for being here and taking the time to share your lives.JC

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't really think I look like anyone famous. The only person I look like in the world is my sister and since she's not famous....
The closest I can come is Roz on Frazier. We have the same hair at least, but I'm some younger than her.I think I have a better picture of everybody though!!
Thanks for always being here!Jill

·
Registered
668 Posts
LindaB,I've been pondering this question for weeks. I thought about saying something like Fabio but I think everyone might not believe it. And with good reason. I really can't say anyone ever told me I looked like anyone famous. I guess no one that looks like me ever became famous. But I do have a nice smile. See.
------------------Joe

G

·
Good thread and good idea.My 30 year old son looks a LOT like Robert DeNiro...I DON'T, so if it's genetic it ain't from my side.My 25 year old daughter is very petite and pretty...again, not from my side.If I really have to make any kind of comparison for myself to give folks a "visual", I'd say the actor Michael Kane comes closest, with the exception of the curly hair - mine's falling out and what's left is pretty ho-hum. (BTW, no one has ever accused me of looking like anyone famous). Visual: Balding up front (widows peak), glasses, no significant features ("average" nose length/shape, nothing prominent - except my forehead - 6'1", 185lbs, medium frame, pretty much just another pretty face in the crowd).Again, good idea.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.