Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other half is in bed, he's on early shifts, and i'm having a rough night so just wanted to vent a little.Tonight is the first time i've been to the toilet in 3 days. I'm usually D but i guess the meds for my bronchitis must have slowed me down. Now the anti-biotics have kicked in and are giving me tummy hell!
I would usually have a ciggie about now as it would trigger and make me go, and i'd keep smoking till i was empty. Now this is day 3 of not smoking at all and i don't quite know how to deal with the pain and the constant going with no way to control. Rather than smoking and making myself go, i'm sat waiting for my body to decide, all the while with cramps and a brand new pain (lucky me!!) at the very bottom of my stomach but all the way across. I don't know if it's coz i havn't been or if its the anti-biotics or what! All knowledge i had on control seems to have left for the weekend,and i feel usless and miserable and i can't stop the anti-biotics if it is them coz then i'll have bronchitis for longer and it's killing me slowly as it is!!! To sumerize..... ####!
Lisa

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
its horrible when you cant go to the loo lisa, its also horrible having bronchitis, ive not had it yet this year... Jim has not been to the loo for 6 days now, nothing seems to work,apart from an enema which i dont have at home, his doc just does not seem to be doing anything about it
life eh!

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 Days!!!! My God. 3 is bad enough. I hope he's ok. Try mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes or something oily. Roasted peppers in olive oil with feta cheese is great!!! Bugger, now i want it!! But i am so not eating at the mo!I know we all ask this question all the time, but.... Why oh why do we crave the bad foods when we are at our worst!!!!!This sucks big time!Give him my blessings and let him know he's not alone on this one!!! And that i'll see his Grrrr and raise him 4 Grrrrrr's
Take care you two!Lisa

·
Registered
556 Posts
Things that work.. guarenteed...1. Milk of Magnesia.If for some reason you don't go after taking this, there's always Fleet Phospho soda.If the Fleet doesn't work... get to a hospital!

·
Registered
13 Posts
3 is horrible, but because of other medical problems I don't even get to go that often. Last series of attacks I didn't go for 3 and a half weeks, by order of my doctor. She wanted to see how long it took for my body to work it out on it's own.

G

·
Lisa - sorry have only just read this one but it has rung SUCH a bell. I've been having hideous cramps and bloating and have been bunged up. Managed a feeble bm today but didn't fully evacuate. Went off shopping with 3 little girlies - in the middle of River Island - felt like **** - really horrible pain right across the lower half of the stomach - thought - yikes where can I go - with a grumpy 6 year old hanging off my arm.Have just got home - managed to force the rest of the "contents" of my bowel out (with a little help from some loo roll - sorry, how disgusting) and feel alot better but can totally relate to that kind of pain.Very sorry you were suffering but feel relieved I'm not alone on that.Hope you are now better, sorry don't know when this was first posted.Sue

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lisa, how are you doing with the not smoking? I quit at the beginning of the year and it was the hardest, most rewarding thing I've ever done!Good luck and hang in there!

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sue, i do feel better thanks. Still slow but all is changing without the nicotine in my system!!sandihasuc, this is my 9th day without!!! Keep finding myself heading toward the front door (without ciggie as i threw them away!) opening it up and heading outside. Then thinking, eh? what am i doing?? It's really weird!! I'm determined tho so i really believe that this is it, i have finally done it!! YAY!!!
Lisa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts