Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this site this weekend. Not sure why it took me so long to search. (cliff notes are at the end)Anyway, I've had stomach/intestinal problems since about age 6. Originally we thought it was just lactose intollerance so I stopped drinking milk when I was ~10. I've had various issues at different times in my life. I went through a period when I was in my teens where I had incredible stomach pains. We'd go to the emergency room and leave 3 hours later with no idea what happened. That just stopped one day.My GI system has always been sensitive to stress, ever since I can remember. Playing sports was not easy. I actually had to leave the batter's box to run to the bathroom. When I used to run track, I would throw-up at the end of the 200 and 400 meter runs. At least I was fast.Over the years my "D" has gotten much worse. When I look back over the last 10 years, my problems were no where near as bad as they are now. It just seems to get progressively worse. I have anything from "5 minutes after a meal" syndrome to "7 times a day" syndrome. Neither is fun. There's just no pattern to it.The one thing that really makes it bad is the pain I have afterwards. Most people feel better when they've gone to the bathroom. I feel 10 times worse. I'm not sure if that's a common issue or something unique to my situation.I've been to a lot of doctors and had plenty of tests. All I ever hear is "It's IBS".I'm going to try adding additional fiber to my diet and possibly more calcium (since I probably don't get enough). I take imodium and pepto pretty regularly and imiprimine for depression and P/A.Sorry for the long post.Cliff notes:Had a bad stomach all my lifeHaven't found any good meds"D" gets worse as I get older

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
HI and welcome. Your story is allot like mine. I never know when, where or how, but it is coming out. I don;t always have pains afterwards though.Allot of people on here take Imodium, but it stoped working for me a few years ago. I think I just got imune to it. I take Lomotil when I have to go out. One usually keeps me from having bad D, but 2 of them have so far stoped it totally for 6 hours.This place is a God send to many of us. Lots of nice people, who will help and it is nice to know you are not alone.Take care and again WelcomeKat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.