Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had ibs on and off for a few years now. But this bout is now moving into its 6th week. I'm in so much pain and discomfort I dont know what to do. The 'bottom' end is under control, but what can I do about the pain in tummy area. It hurts to walk, sit, stretch and even breathing sometimes hurts. I sometimes wonder if its something more serious than ibs, as I've never known pain like it before. Could someone please tell me I'm not going mad and I will get better, Thanks

· Registered
18 Posts
hi kathi1, i too am a new girl, newly diagnosed with ibs, i often have normal routines in the toilet dept and pain all around other areas mthat you might not expect, hang in there and keep smiling thats what i'm trying to do

· Registered
1,789 Posts
If you think it's something more serious then by all means head to your doc as soon as possible. I have had days where the pain is unbearable to the point of almost passing out and they say it's caused by the IBS. So I guess it is possible. Are you really stressed out? Is there something bothering you? (sometimes I think that might increase my pain)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.