Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thereIn 1993 I suffered a twisting accident that led to painfully slow digestion after the injury healed. This in turn led to constipation. And this then led to a nasty anal fissure. My doctor at the time prescibed a stool softner to cope with fissure. Fissure never completely healed but got better and less noticable over time. Five years ago, a new doctor I started seeing, noticed the fissure and gave me some ointment to help it heal. Remarkably this worked well and led to full healing of fissure. At same time I switched to more fiber in my diet and larger intake of liquids - also ditched coffee, sugary fatty foods, carbs and took up running and never felt better. Constipation still a factor but greatly under control by new routine.Early last year had a knee operation which led to no exercise for 3 months - unfortuanately strained hard going to the toilet one day and slightly re-opened fissure. It healed again within a month or so with ointment - made a vow to never strain on toilet again. (Fissure scar area still tender though.)This year things are not going so well. Recently I was bending down low to tie up shoe laces and felt a sting in anus. I assume this was a little tearing in fissure. Also noticed sting trying to slip into car seat in tight carparking spaces. Sitting all day in fornt of PC is uncomfortable too. Resumed ointment immediately with some progress, but seem to get more tearing with every steep bending and stretching action. Unfortuanately this sort of brings me back to square one again and has a very negative affect on dogestion/elimination etc.Any suggestion as to how to avoid the tearing situations or maybe do I need to look at a less conservative measure to deal with fissure from now on? Thanks.Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.