Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see that there are some people here having excessive flatus,
you remind me of my self i was like a fart factory this hit me when i was in preparatory school and it ruined my life because of absenteeism from school and social life.i tried drugs and diets suggested by doctors but as usual without any result,one of my relative was taking drugs for peptic ulcer and because of stomach pain that i had i thought that i have ulcer too,so i started to take ulcer's drugs:-flagyl,amoxil and omeprazole for two weeks after that my flatus were reduced i followed that by low carb diet i became near normal but that didn't last i begin to have leaky gas then in last two fbo:(.anyway if flatus are ruining your life try these three drugs with low carb diet it may help you as it helped me.but don't blame me if something happened to you i did this without doc's orders and i don't if they do harm or that they helped me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's good that you got some relief out of it, but do take care about the side effects though. You don't know what side effects these medications might have on your digestive system. This medication schme is specifically designed for people with peptic ulcer. If you don't have peptic ulcer, then this medication can cause you harm. It's better to have excessive flatulence than some other issue that might be even more serious. I had excessive flatulence too for years, way before the other IBS symptoms' onset and let me tell you that the other symptoms, the ones that came later (bloating, diarrhea, bouts of constipation, abdominal discomfort and pain, nausea etc.) were worse than just flatulence. So it's best to take care.While Omeprazol can sometimes be prescribed for IBS (I was on Omeprazol for some weeks and it did me good, although it didn't help with flatulence), it's still a strong medication and should be taken with cautiopn and only if a doctor prescribes it to you. On the other hand, have you been diagnosed by a doctor? Do you have IBS? Have you taken any medication that is specifically prescribed by a doctor for flatulence? If you suspect you have peptic ulcer, you should see a doctor. However, you might not have peptic ulcer, but other condition. You have to get a correct diagnosis.Go see a doctor, really. It's the only thing that can help you. And stop taking your aunt's medication, this might cause you serious trouble in the future, way more serious than flatulence...

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Antipsycho NEVER take prescription medications unless your Dr has prescribed them for you. What you did, taking someone else's medication, was downright dangerous and should never be done.Brian is correct in that you should obtain a proper diagnosis and not self diagnose or self medicate ..... EVER.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brainmay & BQ:-i'm diagnosed with IBS,doctors gave me imipramine,Zantac,loperamide,Lomotil ,librax and others with no help.take it easy they are just antibiotics, some of you are frightening people about the use of antibiotics ,and this is bad because such information imprint in people mind even if they get serious infection they may refuse to take them i saw a film about antibiotics they said not only bad bacteria are developing so do the good one,i trust in my good bacteria !! to return situation to normal after i take ab and i hope they will always win.but on other hand i know this is risky and some of you may have different response to these drugs
i really appreciate your advices thank you very much.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Over use, and improper use of antibiotics can have public health (more than individual health, but more on that later) problems so they aren't completely harmless.Drug resistant bacteria is a huge problem and taking the wrong antibiotics, or not taking them properly (people shouldn't have any left over from when they took them before because if they give you 10 days they want you to take it all 10 days) is what increases drug resistance. Once the bacteria are resistant to enough drugs they basically have to hope you fight it off on your own. They can support your body in doing that, but you basically are back to living or dying on your own.One problem with drug resistance is sometimes the good bacteria share genes with the bad ones, so trusting your good guys will be selfish isn't a good idea.I don't think anyone is saying don't take them when your doctor gives them to you, but taking them or any other prescription drugs without a doctor's order, especially if you take other medications isn't a good idea (and ideally get all your prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy so they have your full list). Some antibiotics do have serious drug interactions with other medications so sometimes taking them when your doctor didn't give you the right kind can be lethal. I was on a drug for awhile where they had to make sure they didn't give me certain common antibiotics because if you take both at the same time it can be really bad. One of the things the doctor and pharmacist do is double check you aren't taking a potentially lethal combo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.