Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in perfect shape for two months. I could eat whatever I wanted. Yesterday I went to a restaurant that is safe for me. At least it was the last time I went there. At the end of the meal I began to have a big headache on one side of my head but no GI symptoms. I got home feeling a bit queasy and anxious.I needed to go to the loo. Still no GI symptoms. But the I got a bad case of D, nausea, sweat and dizziness. It went on for a couple of hours until I went to bed exhausted and still nauseous. This morning, the smell or just thinking about food makes me nauseous. My headache is still there and I'm deshydrated. I just can't get out of bed but I can't sleep either. Can't go to work like that. The last time I felt that bad was two years ago when a got sick with ibs for the first time ever. Is it a big ass flare up or just bad luck??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Perhaps just a coincidence and or something you ate that was bad. That sounds very much likea foodborn illness or perfect timing that you were just getting some type of bug. If it persists for more than a few days, then maybe bad luck that your ibs is back. Hoping its not though.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yeah could be a virus of some sort or perhaps something just didn't hit you right at the restaurant. If you do not normally have a headache before your flares I would have a tendency to think it is not that. I mean anytime our bodies are stressed our IBS can rear it's head. So even if it was prompted by something other than IBS... your IBS symptoms could appear in repsonse to the stress. You know what I mean? In any event, I hope you feel better real soon.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's hard to know since the symptoms change from flare up to falre up in my case. I've been under a lot of emotional stress lately so I really hope it was the food. But everytime I flare up big time it's always the same. I come home from the restaurant, really sick and the flare up starts like that.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
MSG in the food?Ian

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yukie it might be the amount you eat when eating out, if it is indeed more than you normally would eat at home. Also there is such a thing as positive stress. Going out to eat can produce some of that in everyone. And sometimes with IBS'ers it might be enough to cause some symptoms to pop up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
When you have a gallbladder crisis normally you don't see actual bile in your stool...the bile is something that helps in the digestion as far as I know and when the gallbladder, for whatever reason (normally food) get blocked it releases less bile and so you get the following symptoms: yellow D, gas, head aches, nausea and vomiting. But not all of the are necessary...sometimes people have just head aches, sometimes D and nausea, sometimes cramps and so on.

·
Registered
317 Posts
LOL...the gallbladder thing usually goes in a few days
) ...but you can know if you have a problem if you ask your doctor to give you a scan of that area. Or try to find some herbal remedies for the gallbladder and see if they work? can't do any harm...they will help your gallbladder to function and will help you with the digestion. A lot of people have problems with the gallbladder every once in a while. Also...IBS does not include head aches as far as I know.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I really encourage you to get the gallbladder checked. Or just try some of those herbal remedies...just ask about them in the pharmacy there they should have something. As I said, they cannot do any harm...and who knows maybe it is indeed that and then you can handle that easily! I'm just saying...there's no way the colon could give you head aches...the only thing I know of that gives you all that....and more (like sour taste in your mouth and so on though it is not necessary) is the gallbladder malfunctioning. Ask your doc for a scan...what do you have to lose?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.