Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there i am sat at my desk at work ..it's 8.15 and i've just drank a cup of coffee (something i do every day).No symptoms for the last 5 months. All is well in my world.Then a rumbling starts in my guts. Within 2 minutes i'm sat on the trap with the world dropping out of my ar$e. Sat there a good ten minutes with watery diahroea. Then it stops and i feel fine. Rest of the day is unremarkable. WTF is going on inside me folks!?Every test i've had is normal with the exception of a borderline gallbladder function test. I just don't understand this at all.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that recently i've been suffering from a lot of acid reflux.....during the night and the day. I've been going through a bottle of gaviscon a week!I have an appt to see my Dr on monday about this. Could the acid have caused the squits!?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
hi matecould it be something that you ate the day before? dodgy sausage or something like that? im sure it is nothing to worry about mate. for the reflux, are you eating alot of curry or chilly or spicy foods?cheersIan

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ian.I tend to avoid spicy foods and meat in general. I can't think of anything i've eaten. It was just a bit weird but i have had episodes like that in the past.I think when i see the doc i'll ask him to increase the mirtazapine to 30mgs and see if he'll put me on a PPI for the acid. . . my GP is ok like that (goes with the flow and he knows i've done a fair bit of reading around IBS and GI disorders in general).How are you doing anyway? You'd be amazed at the weight i've put on since starting the mirtazapine. . .worked wonders for my appetite!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.