Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been diagnosed w/ fibro since 96. It has been relatively manageable until this past month. I suffered a fall on Nov. 2 and have had lots of problems sleeping since then (more than usual). I am hypersensitive to a lot of meds so don't take anything for sleeping. I'm wondering, could a fall trigger a flare?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hi Bloatarama, I had 2 falls in one week a couple of years ago and I was sore for weeks. My body ached which in turn made me tense my muscles even more. So I can see the correlation between the two. This is based on my own personal experience. Have you tried soaking in the tub every night before bedtime? I found that taking a couple of painkillers and a warm bath helped relax the muscles. The other option is seeing your family doctor to make sure that you haven't fractured or broken anything?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to hear about your flare....and yes, your fall certainly could explain the way that you are feeling. Try adding some Sea Salt to your bath and add some extra calcium (this is a natural muscle relaxant). Hope you feel better soon!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wanted to mention - do not add the calcium to your bath. You should take the calcium with some water!!! lololol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts