Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody im new to this i have suffered with ibs for many years but i've only just recently been diagnosed, my biggest problem is passing wind.Im always passing wind and i'm really smelly it is so embarrasing i don't like going shopping or out to pubs & clubs incase it happens i've tried all sorts of remidies but maybe someone can help PLEASE !!!!

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Zero carb=zero gas. I have narrowed it down to Zero fructose=zero gas. Take Pepto or Devrom with each meal for odor. Pepto is constipating. Devrom isn't. I have not tried Devrom but people on the gas forum seem to have had luck with it. I find Gas-X helps to eliminate gas which is already there in the system and it has helped me even on the rare occasions that the gas is continuous. Somee probiotics depending on your individual bacterial population might help with volume of gas.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
The smell is caused by the sulphate reducing bacteria in the colon. Some people have the non-odorous kind called methanogenic bacteria. Probiotics if the kind suited for your flora might replace the smelly gas producing kind to atleast non-gas producing. There are many Probiotics- vsl3 at http://www.vsl3.com,[/URL] culturelle at http://www.culturelle.com. Digestive Advantage is the cheapest and is available in Walgreen's. PB8 and Jarradophilus are some of the others. You need to try a few different kinds before you find one which is just right for your bacterial population.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks to everybody who replied to me i will go back to my doctor{AGAIN} because he has just told me to drink boiled water {which has'nt helped }. I'm so glad i found this site

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:because he has just told me to drink boiled water {which has'nt helped }
What's that supposed to have done? It just burn your mouth!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.