Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Mark ie. overitnow should be able to tell you more about this.He has been using it for quite some time.He seems like a VERY honest guy, and has been around posting the praise of the use of this supplement for a long while. At first some might think it is skeptical, but if you see how long he has been around, and the fact that he offers support as well, you really start to see this guy really cares.I'm sure he'll post about it,and take what he says to heart, because thats exactly where it comes from.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Well thanks, Grant...Soccermom, flavonoids are a class of nutrients found in some fruits and vegetables. They have a number of properties, among them anti-oxidation, anti-inflammation, platelette speed control, brain function, and circulation. They have been tested for use in cancer and heart disease prevention and have been successfully used as treatments for macular deterioration, lowered circulation due to diabetes, ADD/ADHD, Fibromialgia, Crohnes, and arteriosclorosis. The person who "turned me on" to them is the longest surviving member, at well over 20 years in a wheel chair, of the Vancouver MS Society. Recently, their was a posting here that scientists have now discovered their use in IBS and are considering developing a chocolate sourced supplement to treat our condition. Hooray!In 1998 I was shown an x-ray which seemed to indicate a couple of small arterial blockages. At about the same time I met another man whose father, using a newly formulated flavonoid supplement called Provex CV, had had a bypass operation CANCELLED because his caratoid artery blockage had dropped from about 90% to 30% over the period he took them. In July of that year I began taking them. By August, totally unexpected, I realized my diarrhea was becoming a little less urgent. By September the constant burning in my stomach stopped. I have never had a solid fart in my clothing since then. I have never had another incident of reflux since then. Over the period of the next year the symptoms simply decreased until such time that there was no more urgency and much lower frequency. In the years since, I have returned to normal. Sometimes I will go twice a day, sometimes once. Usually it is fairly soft and immediate, sometimes it is not. Just like any other person on the planet. Every so often it will bite back and I will have a very urgent movement, just to remind me that it is still there. I eat and drink whatever I choose, without ramifications. At 60, I am feeling better than at any time since my 30s.If you drop down into the Products Board you will find a posting on Provex CV that may give a little more information. It doesn't work for everyone; but for those it has, they have dropped off of the Board. If you would like to talk further about it, you can e-mail me at msprague2002###yahoo.ca Best of luck in your journey here.Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.