Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I guess it depends upon what you have bought, how much you weigh, etc. Does the label suggest something?Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the prompt answer. The labael says one or two tablets. I started with one and was ok for 2 weeks but now I am not ok. Maybe I shoul try and take 2. I tried also Align (a probiotic) and it worked for one month only. Uff.. sighs with resignation. Bye Mariana

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mariana,I have been on Provex CV for about 2 weeks now based on the recommendations and board explanation from Overitnow and I have to say this stuff seems to be helping me! I have had real bad D three or 4 days out of the week 2 or 3 times a day especially in the mornings and since about a week ago I have noticed the big D has pretty well stopped and my stomach seems to have settled down. I am taking about 4 pills a day but it recommends one pill for every 25 lbs and I'm about 260 lbs, so I should be taking 10 pills per day. But at this dosage it is working. I'm thinking of uping my dosage to 8 pills per day next month to hopefully help with my now diagnosed high cholesterol.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Mariana-Upping that dosage to 2 ought to at least tell you whether they are what is helping (and will continue to help) or not. You guys will both know that it took me some time to make any real improvement, so I am quite amazed by how fast this is working for you. I will just keep my fingers crossed and hold my breath for a little while longer for both of you.Brian--I sent you a Private Message re a couple of other supps that should help with your Type 2 and cholesterol absorption. Get in touch if you would like to see some of the backround info.Cheers,Mark

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Hi Chris,They are specific nutrients from fruit and vegetable seeds and skins. The ones in the Provex CV all help with specific areas of the cardiovascular system; but also have more general applications (anti-oxidation, anti-inflammatories, etc.). For reasons that are still a mystery, they have solved my digestive and diarrhea problems. Unlike a lot of the specific treatments for symptoms, if they work they seem to continue to work, which suggests they are addressing some sort of cause rather than just the effects.Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear MarkI went away for a small trip on friday and took 2 flavonoids and was ok!!! Only I think I have to eat more fruits and vegetables because I went very little to the bathroom on frudey and saturday. Today was better but my hemorroyds suffered because I have to make en effort and push hard. I would be a wonder too to be able to eat more fruit and veggies. I almost had none. I only hope this effect will nor desappear. Thanks cheers Mariana

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Too soon to be chanting victory...I ended the day with D and a little blood from the hemorroyds and don't know what to do now. Take 2 flavonoids and eat fruits and vewgeetables or wait for this bout to pass. I am confused. Or to take just one and go back to the normal diet?Help Mariana

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
From all I can tell, I don't think they are particularly constipating. Others, with C, have tried them and things did not get worse. Your reactions may have more to do with your underlying conditions still being addressed or it may be a combination of things. (I stopped using mine for a period before a small surgery and added Caltrate when the D returned. When I went back on the Provex with the extra calcium in my system, I became C for a couple of days. I discontinued the Caltrate and went back to normal.) Perhaps you, too, had added something that constipates or has a high calcium content--cheese, milk, yogurt, etc.Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks MarkIt is such a multifactorial thing that it is difficult to know, I will go on trying all the things that I try: half a Stelabid on the morning, 1 Caltrate at lunch, and one or 2 flavonoids as you say it is nor constipating plus vegetables. Really thank you for your answer, I don't feel so lost and alone. Mariana

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Masterplan,The delivered cost of the Provex is about $38 in the US. That bottle lasted me a couple of months before I really got serious about my cardio condition. (Now I use a full bottle a month.) The Resveratol that "madman" talks about in the GERD Board is about $20 plus taxes and delivery for a 1 month supply. So the cost seems pretty much the same. If you want to try the Provex CV, since you are in the UK, the simplest process would be to get it off of eBay. Try a couple of caps a day for a couple of months and see if it makes a difference or not. If it does, the manufacturer has offices in Manchester and you can open an account with them and get it directly.Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.