Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
They are fruit extracts associated with lower rates of heart disease, high anti-oxidation, increased blood circulation, maybe cancer prevention as an aide to the gene p52 (this applies to any anti-oxident), repair to damaged DNA (in rats, at least). I began taking one such blend to treat my heart disease and found it also stopped my d and GERD. About 2 1/2 years ago there was a study mentioned here that associated IBS with lowered brain blood circulation in 100% of the population studied. I had other manifestations of improved circulation from taking them and I know of people who have seen other brain related problems treated with them, including ADD and Fibro. It is but a short jump in logic that increasing my brain circulation has reversed my symptoms. After some 6 years of this, I stopped taking them for a couple of weeks this month. The d came back after about 10 days. It stopped almost immediately after I started taking them again. They work for me.Markmsprague2002###yahoo.ca

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
The one I use is called Provex CV and was developed and is made only by a customer-marketed company. The ingredients, most of wich you can get at a healthfood or vitamin store, are red grapeseed and grapeskin, ginko biloba, bilberry, and quercetin, with a group of co-enzymes that quadruples the absorbancy. If you want to try the Provex I can have a bottle sent to you for my cost (about $38) that should cover a 2 month trial. If you do decide to go shopping for this, try to find grapeseed oil that hasn't come from grapes used in juice or wine production. A good portion of the active ingredient ends up in the juice and not in the extract. At least one other person has written about the usefulness of ginko on this Board, so I suspect it plays a role in my recovery; but it is a slight blood thinner. I would suggest you keep the ginko dosage on the low side. Check with a nutritionist or someone who has knowledge of the effects of these kinds of supplements. Mark

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you, or the doctor, are concerned about the added herbs and stuff you could try pomegranate juice, it has a lot of the same compounds as the grapes, but it is straight juice (and has helped one person here with diarrhea) I can buy Pom brand at any grocery. http://www.prevention.com/article/0,5778,s...-4290-1,00.html has some foods naturally high in flavanoids and usually food sources are OK in pregnancy. Here is a list of which foods have the highest antioxidants http://www.prevention.com/article/0,5778,s...-6298-1,00.htmlGinko may be an issue as it thins the blood and anything that makes you bleed easier is often not recommended during pregnancy. Not sure if the whole pregnancy or just when you near delivery. Any herbs on that list of "stop taking before surgery" would be something to be concerned about as most of them thin the blood.K.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Andrew--E-mail me and we can talk about that. (Basically, I just order it for you and send you the bill for what I am charged and you cover that.)Kathy--When I was off of the Provex earlier this month I went looking for pomegranite supplements. I couldn't find the juice in our local supermarket and would really prefer a pill to drinking the same thing every day. Couldn't find any. Is there such a thing?ThxMarkmsprague2002###yahoo.ca

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Hi Pat,I now take 4 a day, but that is for the cardio effects. For IBS, I only took 2 a day--half a bottle a month--for the first 4-5 years. At one point, I had dropped to one a day in order to make them stretch (my wife started using MY supply) and that still kept everything together. My wife takes two a day for her GERD, as well.They take awhile to work. I knew something was afoot after a couple of weeks; but it was only after about two months that I knew I was well on the road to somewhere. It was two months for the stomach problems and a full year for the D and urgency to be completely gone; however, I had resumed my old diet almost immediately during that period and progress was always being made.My intent on "reselling" this stuff is to give people a chance to try it without any committment, real or imagined, to a customer marketed company, at the same price their membership is charged. I offer no guarantee, because if I start returning them to the company they will no longer sell them to me and my poor system cannot afford that possibility. They do guarantee everything they sell to their membership for 60 days, so it is possible to craft a 6 week moneyback trial. Worst case, you will be out of pocket just for the shipping charges and they will charge me back for any commission paid, if that is a concern. If you want to talk further about it, e-mail me.Markmsprague2002###yahoo.ca

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was really interested in flavonnoids and how they could help with my D but one of the worries I have is this Provex CV can't be found anywhere? Why is it not more accessible and where can I find it online? I don't know why it's not more popular if it works so well?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
The problem with it is that it was developed by a customer marketed company. Apparantly, even after they got all of the data back on it, they decided to leave it with their customer base, rather than marketing it in a more normal way.As a customer I can help you try it without having to sign up with anything. (If it works, then you can open your own account. If not, not.) It is actually so popular that they have participated in US Cardiovascular conferences, and the only alternative product to be invited. You can also try the pomagranite juice that Kathy talks about. There are also pine oil supplements that may work as well. I suppose the main difference is that the Provex is produced to a pharmological standard of dosage, where the best we can say with juices or an unknown supplement is try this and see.If you would like to see some of the info--all cardio, of course--from the patent document, I can e-mail you the US Pat Off reference page. It will, at least, give you an idea of the seriousness of the work done.Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went on the website and it's very hard to register, not very customer friendly. Kind of hard to sell a product without a good website. I'm interested in this product because I'm not having any luck with probiotics for my D, but wish I could see a concrete website, I don't want to just put something in my body that has no info on it to me?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Sage:Go to http://www.melaleuca.com/ps/index.cfm?f=ps...000&sCatId=1169There are 2 PDFs in the "Additional Information" tab that will give you the info on what is in it and what that does for the cardio system. Combine that with the USPatOff info above and you can determine just how much work has been done on this.As far as I know, they have spoken about doing research on other effects besides the cardiovascular; but, they will not release any info until the studies are complete and published, so at this time you won't find any info on our problems.The site is designed as an info base and ordering platform for the registered customers, which may be one reason you find it difficult. I hope that helps.Markmsprague2002###yahoo.ca

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.