Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Has anyone tried Flax fiber? If so, what kind and does it work for you?I want to find a solution for my C without causing any more bloating and gas than i already have.ThanksKelles

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have just started using ground flax with almost every meal (two tablespoons, 60 calories 4 grams of fiber)Fruits and vegtables trigger extreme bloating for me. I haven't expirianced that with whole grains (i.e. whole grain insoluble fiber) I believe GROUND flax is mostly soluble (I could be wrong) I've reached this conclusion, because when ground flax is cooked in water (microwave two tablespoons in enough water to just cover) it becomes very gelatinous/mucus-y (couldn't think of a beter example, sorry)leading me to believe it is water soluble.Whole flax seeds will not help with constipation (unless you want insoluble fiber, wich in large amounts I find to be constipating). Like many uncooked seeds, the outer shell, or husk keeps the seed from being broken down in the stomach, therefor it does not release the soluble fiber.As for flax seed oil; haven't tried it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.