Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am IBS-C. I decided to try flax seed oil capsules after reading so much about them on this board. I took two 1,000 mg. capsules at bedtime. The next morning I was really "out of it". I am a teacher and I had a hard time doing my job until about 11:00. Did I take too much or did I have a reaction to it? It never did make me go to the bathroom.

G

·
I use the fresh flax seed oil and have never had any ill affects. You must make sure the oil is fresh. I buy the bottled oil from the refrigerated section of my health food store. I wouldn't trust the capsules to be as fresh. The oil has a pleasant nutty flavor and can even be used as part of your salad dressing.

G

·
worrier, could u tell me how much of the oil you use per day- i have the capsules, but they have a peculiar odor and i am afraid to take them- (they are about 6 weeks old, from GNC) thanks for the info- donnamaria

G

·
Donnamaria - the brand of fresh flax oil I like is made by Barlean's. I use one tablespoon in the morning and another at night. I just put the oil in my mouth and chase it with water. The bottle has two dates on it, when the oil was processed (fresh pressed) and an expiration date. I keep my oil in the refrig. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.