Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife suffered from IBS for over 6 years. It affects(ed) nearly everything we do, plans etc. About four months ago she started taking flax seed oil capsules - 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening - on the recomendation of a fitness trainer for an unrelated purpose. We aren't vitamin or health nuts. This is the only "health supplement" she takes. Since she started taking flax seed oil she has not experienced an episode of IBS. Not one. It's unbelievable. The only thing that she changed in her life style was the flax seed oil. Her episodes stopped dead at that point. While she's still very much concerned about what she eats, at this point she's eating things that were sure fire triggers in the past. I hate to post a "crackpot" solution, but given our experience, I'd feel negligent not to.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Thanks to share.Maybe i should increase the dose.How long it takes to feel improvements for her?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Thanks to share.Maybe i should increase the dose.How long it takes to feel improvements for her?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
I guess she was IBS-D.Easier to treat apparently.Anyway good news.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
I guess she was IBS-D.Easier to treat apparently.Anyway good news.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Every one of us is so different and reacts in such diferent ways, I took flaxseed oil and had the worse diarreha I ever had, then that taste of fish stayed all day>>and i hate all kinds of fish!!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Every one of us is so different and reacts in such diferent ways, I took flaxseed oil and had the worse diarreha I ever had, then that taste of fish stayed all day>>and i hate all kinds of fish!!!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
knothappy,flax seed is NOT a fish.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
knothappy,flax seed is NOT a fish.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Flax seed oil is a source of Omega 3 and some have Omega 3, 6 and 9. It supposedly anti inflamatory. good for the brain cells, and will bulk up stools. I use it. hair feels better and lessens hair falling out. Joann

·
Registered
544 Posts
Flax seed oil is a source of Omega 3 and some have Omega 3, 6 and 9. It supposedly anti inflamatory. good for the brain cells, and will bulk up stools. I use it. hair feels better and lessens hair falling out. Joann

·
Banned
955 Posts
For me it gave me a bad case of "D".So I had to discontinue it's use.For some people it works GREAT.Sadly not for me though.

·
Banned
955 Posts
For me it gave me a bad case of "D".So I had to discontinue it's use.For some people it works GREAT.Sadly not for me though.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Flax seeds have a scientist value for an anti-diabetic effect.The university of Saskatchewan have done a discovery as a sugar stalibizer.Clinicals trials are on the way.It can also PREVENT diabetes apparently.
I'm asking me if the flax seed oil will do the trick because the fibers are irritating to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts