Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Any kind of fiber will cause gas until your body adjusts to it - which could be up to four weeks.Many people with IBS can't tolerate fiber, although it does help a lot of people. If you are taking flaxseeds for constipation, you might like to try flax OIL instead. It will put moisture to the stool, without causing the gas and bloating of the whole seeds.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Any kind of fiber will cause gas until your body adjusts to it - which could be up to four weeks.Many people with IBS can't tolerate fiber, although it does help a lot of people. If you are taking flaxseeds for constipation, you might like to try flax OIL instead. It will put moisture to the stool, without causing the gas and bloating of the whole seeds.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Ground flaxseed does the same thing to me. I use whole flaxseeds in my oatmeal and microwave it all together. I like the crunchiness and flavor. Does not blow me up like a balloon like the ground stuff. Don't know why.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Ground flaxseed does the same thing to me. I use whole flaxseeds in my oatmeal and microwave it all together. I like the crunchiness and flavor. Does not blow me up like a balloon like the ground stuff. Don't know why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.