Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this group, and I would like to know if anyone has taken Flaxseed oil (capsules) for IBS. I have been taking 500mg capsules twice daily for several years now, and I do feel that it is helping. I wonder if it would be better to take more? Any suggestions? Are there any other non-prescripton methods of treatment that might work. I take so much other medicine that I am trying to avoid any more Rx drugs if possible. It is just that in the last several months I have been having so much pain (family stresses that won't seem to go away) that I am really grasping a straws here for more help.Thanks for your time.Margaret

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
For pain peppemint is usually the supplement of choice. I use peppermint Altoids as they have enough peppermint oil in them to work for me, and are cheap and easy to get in a pinch.I'm not sure if there is some dose of Flaxseed oil you have to stay below, other than it is an oil so you may not want to take loads of it because of calories. But I do not know if taking more would help. But it may not hurt to try 2 500 mg capsues 2X a day to see if that works.For other supplements I would need to know what symptoms bother you most. Stuff that is good for diarrhea can make constipation worse, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.