Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been taking flaxseeds mixed in yogurt to help with my bowel movements. They seem to work really good. I also buy organic flaxseed bread as well. I was reading also about flaxseed 'OIL' being good for you. I was wondering if I could take the oil in addition to the seeds. I don't want to overdo it but I think the actual ground seeds is good for maintaining regular bowel movements and the oil has Omega 3 fatty acids which help calm and repair intestinal tract damage as well as lots of other benefits.Does anyone have any thoughts on taking both?

G

·
Hey smelly1, I am not using ground flax seed, for me it seemed to irritate the bowel. I did enjoy the taste. But I have been using flaxseed oil for almost 2 years and I think it has helped calm my bowel. At least 6 months into using FSO I had less bowel issues. I also used Carlsons liquid fish oil for one year, but stopped, as it was giving me reflux, my last bottle of it was my last. FSO gives me no problems and I take it with fruit juice.Char

·
Registered
134 Posts
Even if you just use the ground meal it still has the omega-3 benefits. I use flax meal all of the time. The bread I'd be wary about unless it's baked at no more than 250 degrees F. Over that temp, the omega-3 in the meal will break down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.