Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh! Well I got some kind of bug at Christmas (half my family got sick with a stomach thing a few days afterward) that is making me feel wretched. What's worse I also have some kind of sinus infection or something going on. I've blown my nose so much (I've NEVER had this much snot come out of me before!)that I'm also blowing out blood. I have felt SOOO miserable since the Friday after Christmas! Last night I thought I was better and then suddenly got so queasy I sat on the bathroom floor for 1/2 an hour waiting to yak. Never happened, thank God, but I was having a racing heart and chest pain at the same time. It kind of freaked me out. Today I had a bad D attack and at the moment I'm having mild nausea (making ginger root tea as we speak!) How can we tell if it's a stomach bug or just the IBS? It feels the same! Oh, I also have a slight temperature (100 deg. F) for the last 3 days, so I guess I am fighting something, but I don't know if it's a sinus infection, stomach bug, or influenza! ACK! Wednesday and Thursday I was so tired and achy and a little queasy so I missed work, went in on Friday, thought I was fine, and then the racing heart/bathroom thing and D today. Ok, now I'm ranting, but I'm frustrated! I hate this IBS as I can't tell what I should be treating, the IBS or a stomach virus! ACK!Gotta go...anyone else ever have this happen to them?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
WD How long did your family members suffer with this?? The flu can have ya running a fever and feeling generally like, "just shoot me & get it over with" for 7-10 days. And that's for folks without IBS. As a general rule, a cold or flu that doesn't show signs of improvement after two weeks or 14 days, whichever comes 1st
, is needing some professional assistance. Call the Doc and get some help getting rid of this because you definitely have gone past the point of, "I can just handle this myself" LOL.Now throw in IBS and yeah GI type bugs that others can get over in a reasonable amount of time, can keep us IBS'ers on our toes a little longer. I'd call the Doc if I were you. Hope you feel better.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
WD How long did your family members suffer with this?? The flu can have ya running a fever and feeling generally like, "just shoot me & get it over with" for 7-10 days. And that's for folks without IBS. As a general rule, a cold or flu that doesn't show signs of improvement after two weeks or 14 days, whichever comes 1st
, is needing some professional assistance. Call the Doc and get some help getting rid of this because you definitely have gone past the point of, "I can just handle this myself" LOL.Now throw in IBS and yeah GI type bugs that others can get over in a reasonable amount of time, can keep us IBS'ers on our toes a little longer. I'd call the Doc if I were you. Hope you feel better.BQ

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Ugh, yes, hope you begin to feel better soon. Just in case you weren't feeling bad enough already, ya know, time for a good ol' case of flu too.
I dunno......this digestive stuff, whether IBS or flora imbalance or....., can really tire us out and make us more susceptible to other problems, it seems. I rarely get flu/colds much these days, but the last time I did (after day surgery a year or so ago), it was such a doozey! Stay warm, drink your liquids, get your nourishment, and keep the faith! P.S. Did you ever get your upper GI results? Can you believe it, I still haven't gotten mine. I'm getting ready to storm the office!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Ugh, yes, hope you begin to feel better soon. Just in case you weren't feeling bad enough already, ya know, time for a good ol' case of flu too.
I dunno......this digestive stuff, whether IBS or flora imbalance or....., can really tire us out and make us more susceptible to other problems, it seems. I rarely get flu/colds much these days, but the last time I did (after day surgery a year or so ago), it was such a doozey! Stay warm, drink your liquids, get your nourishment, and keep the faith! P.S. Did you ever get your upper GI results? Can you believe it, I still haven't gotten mine. I'm getting ready to storm the office!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies and encouragement! Hipjan, I haven't gotten my results, either! I am going to wait until Thursday and then call Kaiser. I FINALLY feel better, I even went to see "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" last night and sat through the whole 3 hours! woohoo! Went to work today and felt fine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the major D I had on Saturday was just a fluke or last laugh of the flu. Make sure to let me know your results! Oh, and don't get too worked up when you storm in there -- it may trigger an attack!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies and encouragement! Hipjan, I haven't gotten my results, either! I am going to wait until Thursday and then call Kaiser. I FINALLY feel better, I even went to see "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" last night and sat through the whole 3 hours! woohoo! Went to work today and felt fine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the major D I had on Saturday was just a fluke or last laugh of the flu. Make sure to let me know your results! Oh, and don't get too worked up when you storm in there -- it may trigger an attack!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
WD, glad you feel better! I can't wait to see Lord of the Rings myself - maybe in a week or two. As to my biopsy results, the doc called last night with 2 sets of results (celiac sprue negative and H. Pylori negative this time - yay!) and an explanation for the delay. The hospital lost my vial of gastric polyps (like, permanently lost them and couldn't biopsy them!)! I am rather frustrated. Maybe I'll post a separate thread.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
WD, glad you feel better! I can't wait to see Lord of the Rings myself - maybe in a week or two. As to my biopsy results, the doc called last night with 2 sets of results (celiac sprue negative and H. Pylori negative this time - yay!) and an explanation for the delay. The hospital lost my vial of gastric polyps (like, permanently lost them and couldn't biopsy them!)! I am rather frustrated. Maybe I'll post a separate thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.