Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Flux:I'm just wondering if you have heard of anyone having IBS type side effects while taking Chondroitin Sulfate with Glucosamine Sulfate (for arthritis & cartilage). I've tried taking it 3 times this year, and each time after a few days get horrible gas. It looks like I'm sensitive to it. The excipeint in it is rice powder, which shouldn't bother me.Thanks for any info you can provide.
JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
No, I can't say that I know about much about its side effects. Altphyl's suggestion seems reasonable.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks altphyl and flux. I have tried it both with and without food -- no difference. Within a few days I start with horrible gas which stops about 24 hours or so after I quit taking them. I guess I just can't take it.JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Jean, could there be something in the pill or capsule you're taking, like a filler or hidden or given ingrediant? I take the caplet by Twin Lab or the capsule by Country life. I have no discomfort. I take it with food and other vitamins and minerals. Again everyone is different. But could you try another brand? I know for sure �hat it relieves all knee pain for me!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Jean - I take mine with food. I have gas if I take it or don't take it. I don't think it makes my gas any worse. I've been taking it for a couple of years now and I have no more pain in my hands or knees. It really works!

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your suggestions vikee & kitty2. I may just switch brands. Several years ago I took a different brand and had no problems. The ones I have now are from a company called Optimal Nutrients, and even though they only list rice powder as an excipient, it is possible that everything is not listed.JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts